she was the only one rearfacing

mumof2

well I am 99% sure she was.

my daughter had a trip to the zoo with her daycare today (not her usual day).

so I dropped her off about 20 minutes earlier so I could put her carseat in the vehicle she was going in.

one of teachers asked how come I still have her rearfacing (more out of interest than anything) I basically said it was safer..she also said she had never seen the seat before. explained that it was the sunshine kids radian and has only recently come into NZ. told her how long it rearfaced. I did mention it was over $500 (NZ) but is well worth the price and very heavy.

hopefully I have sparked an interest in extended rearfacing :)

ADS

AmieRubyJonah

Cool! None of my IRL friends give two hoots about my radians, but I've sparked lots of interest with my FB friends!

Are all the kids around her age? Probably not too bad that she's the only one. My DS is 14mo, and all our IRL friends with babies younger than him are all FF!!:eek:

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
That stinks that she was the only ERFer. Hopefully the teacher will look more into it. :)

JMacSanDiego

I have friends whose children are older (I was a late bloomer), and they still think it's weird that kids RF for so long these days. They always tell me that they think it's safe to FF them at 1 year or 20 pounds. I told them, "No, that's the old school way." Back when their kids were little, that's how it was. Most of their kids are nearly 20 years old, some are a little younger. Some of them have even kind of argued with me about what's safe and what isn't safe. I do have a male friend whose daughter is 26 pounds (she'll be 2 in January), and they already turned her carseat FF because her legs were scrunched up. I told them that RF is safer for her, and I told them why. As far as I know, they still have her FF. I just hope that they don't get into an accident. They also have a 3 and a half month old son who, of course, is still RF. One of his infant carseats is the carseat I bought for my son when he was still in the hospital after being born premature. I gave it to them for their daughter, and now they're using it for their son.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC