My BV70 Arrived!!!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
My BV70 Arrived!!! ***Review in New Post***

And I'm stuck at work!!!! ACK! I want to play with it! I can't wait to see how all 3 of my kiddo's fit...and how it fits in various vehicles! I WANT TO PLAY!

Last edited:
ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
OK...here are my first impressions....

1) It's gorgeous (we got Paisley).
2) What the heck was Britax thinking to go back to velcro comfort pads?!?!
3) So far, the lock offs SUCK. I can't get them to close...PERIOD. I hope they aren't required (gotta read through the manual still) or we may be sending it back.
4) It doesn't sit any lower then the old Britax. At least not enough for me to go 'wow, that really sits lower'. I haven't sat them side by side to see the difference, but it's not substantial.
5) My very long torso'd 3.5yr old fit with a smidge of room to grow (FF). He will outgrow it most likely by 4yrs old, by height, at under 40lbs.

I'll continue to review it as I use it in various installs with various kids.

Reactions: T4K

cat mommy

Oooooh....I love the velcro pads---I can take them off so easily for winter (and fleece jackets) and put them back on for summer (and t-shirts). :)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Oooooh....I love the velcro pads---I can take them off so easily for winter (and fleece jackets) and put them back on for summer (and t-shirts). :)

It's not so fun when the kids do it and throw them on the floor and you lose one, or both. Trust me, velcro pads = unhappy mommy! At least here! LOL

Chila88

I find the harness pads really bulky and always spinning around. I wish almost every day that it had the old pads. However, you're right about it being convenient to take them off and put them back on....never really thought too much about that! Why couldn't they make some that were thinner and flatter (like the old ones) but still had velcro? Then I'd be a happy woman!

cpsaddict

I don't mind the velcro pads and I actually like the lockoffs. Just like my old style ones, I have to make sure the seatbelt is right in the middle of the lockoff. I got it installed in a 94 Ford Explorer with very squishy seats in four minutes. I haven't tried them FF, but it seems they will work the same. My very tall 19mth old still has 4ish inches until it's outgrown rf. Thank goodness her legs are starting to grow, as opposed to her torso.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I love the old style, but so far, this style has proved to be useless with my vehicle. I haven't tried it rf'ing yet, but FF, my belt doesn't hit in the right place for it to close. At least I can just lock the belt (finally read the manual! lol) and bypass the lock off all together.

I'm going to try installing it in position #2 and see if that makes a difference in terms of where the belt hits. Also hoping it puts him in a comfy position to allow for napping. ;) I like that it has 3 positions instead of 2 like the old seats.

cat mommy

It's not so fun when the kids do it and throw them on the floor and you lose one, or both. Trust me, velcro pads = unhappy mommy! At least here! LOL

Uh oh! I hadn't even thought of that :D DS is a shoe and sock remover so I'm sure he'll figure this one out eventually. :thumbsdown:

T4K

Re: My BV70 Arrived!!! ***Review in New Post***

And I'm stuck at work!!!! ACK! I want to play with it! I can't wait to see how all 3 of my kiddo's fit...and how it fits in various vehicles! I WANT TO PLAY!

What cars will you be playing in?

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Re: My BV70 Arrived!!! ***Review in New Post***

What cars will you be playing in?

2000 Suburban
2000 Grand Prix
1996 Dodge 3/4 Xcab

All seat belt installs...both rf'ing and ff'ing with a small 3.5yr old, an average 3.5yr old with a long torso, and a short and fat 15mo old. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC