How is that possible

brittany

I ordered a Roundabout 55 during the diapers.com sale just to play with.

My oldest is 4 (5 in Jan) and has a 16" torso. He is 37 lbs and 46" tall

I measured my youngest next. He turned 3 in September

Torso is 15.5-15.75

WHAT!

Is that even possible...oh my gosh! Guess this seat will be just about useless! For reference he is 36 lbs and 44" tall.

Just for S&G i measured my niece also She turned 3 five weeks before my youngest. Her torso is 13.5 (she is still rear facing in a Decathlon and has tons of room)

My hope was that I could rear face my youngest again. He outgrew the marathon rear facing at 20 mos by height. I can't afford a radian right now...blah

:(

ADS

Pixels

If he outgrew the Marathon by height, he definitely won't be able to fit the Roundabout 55. The RA55 has a shell that's an inch shorter than the classic Marathon. :( Diapers.com does have an awesome return policy.

What seat(s) and harness positions are your kids on currently?

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
That's the wonder of overall height. Some kids carry a large portion of their total height in their torso, and others in their legs. The long torso kids can be a car seat fitting nightmare if you're concerned about ERF and EH. I know first hand because both my boys are torso-giants.

Baylor

I feel your pain! My 2 yr old is the size of a 4 yr old.. So I can not rF him at all now... :(

monstah

I feel your pain! My 2 yr old is the size of a 4 yr old.. So I can not rF him at all now... :(

You keep saying this but if you wanted to RF him, he should still fit in a RadianXT. In your case, it might not be worth $200 to buy a seat for 4.5 pounds. But I believe he would fit. Have you tried one?

Baylor

You keep saying this but if you wanted to RF him, he should still fit in a RadianXT. In your case, it might not be worth $200 to buy a seat for 4.5 pounds. But I believe he would fit. Have you tried one?

No.... I did not realize that. Thought my only option would be the MT. He has actually seemed to drop a pound or two... He seems to be thinning out. I may go try him in one! I am going to check to see where I can go see one here.. Maybe I can find some kind of deal for one if he fits! I would love to RF him again.

brittany

but I was hoooooooooooooooping for a miracle lol. I am thinking it will end up being my nieces, since she is about a lb away from the RF limit on her dc (33lb)

Right now they are in regents, he and his brother are on the second slot, a tad below it. I have 4 regents, a marathon, and a nautilus. He still fits in the marathon FF....but has long since been too big to RF in it. Makes me sad :(

Now if I could get a Radian for about 120 I would be set haha. Even though I would have to strap it to my roof cause it wouldn't fit in my car haha.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Brittany, have you tried a complete air? You could prob get it down to like 150 w coupons.

Baylor, Buy Buy Baby carries Radians if you have one nearby. I'd get one in a heartbeat for a 2.5yo. It might last longer than you think.

brittany

i bought a CA when they first came out (im such a carseat junkie)

I wasnt really too fond of it. However, I am trying to sell my car to get a van, and if I do it is at the top of my list. It didnt fit well in my car (Grand Am) and i HATE continuous pull latch....but, it may work.

If I could get one for 120 I would be on it lol

Baylor

Brittany, have you tried a complete air? You could prob get it down to like 150 w coupons.

Baylor, Buy Buy Baby carries Radians if you have one nearby. I'd get one in a heartbeat for a 2.5yo. It might last longer than you think.

I have never heard of them but I will look them up! thanks.

ETA:I am making a new thread because I am considering this and I don't want to take this one off topic. I have lots of questions..

brittany

It is an 02, but it is currently not being driven. There is something wrong with it, so I am trying to sell it.

I am riding/driving my sisters 04 PT Cruiser until I figure out my vehicle situation.

In my car the radian would have to go center, and it wont fit next to the regent. I am 5'10 and radian wouldnt fit behind my seat. There is always a passenger in the car too, who is also 5'10.

S

supermomof3

I have a super long kiddo myself and I know that her Marathon is only going to last her till 3 at the most....she seems to have sprouted legs over night :(

ownedbyhorses

My YDS just turned 2 a couple mths ago and he has over a 15" torso, and has for sometime now. I feel your pain. Luckily he is busy growing legs. (for now)
He is in a radian on the 3rd level straps. (Next level is the top) But he does have plenty of room left. He does not fit in alot of "other" seats RFing..Let alone FF in some.

brittany

Ownedbyhorses can you post a pic of him in the seat? I am just curious how he fits since he is almost the same size as my yds

Meg

Your son might fit. My son is 39 in. tall and has a 15 in. torso and has 3 in. of shell above his head in the RA55. Also, for reference- he has tons of room in the Radian and even more room in the CA (about 6 in.).

Last edited:

emandbri

I haven't had time to load the pictures but Munchkin, Mae, and I got together this weekend and Elizabeth is too tall for the roundabout 55. She is 4 years 4 months, 42 lbs, and 39 inches tall.

Last edited:

brittany

I posted pics of my yds in the RA55 a few mins ago, I made a new thread for it! :) He fits...for now, but only has about 1/2 inch before outgrowing it.

Next up, will be a radian...need a vehicle first though lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC