New convertible, or stick it out until FF?

Splash

Sam is currently in a signo G2 and a MA. He's got pretty much no legroom in the Signo, but he's fine in the MA. He's only got ~6 months of RF left, so I'd really rather not buy another convertible. I can move the signo to my car and give him a bit more room (my seats recline more) or buy him something else.
FF I intend to get him a GN or ProSport. If I get him another convertible, I doubt I'd be able to get him a FF seat. I might even leave him in the seats he has for FF.
Should I just leave him? If he doesn't complain, do you think his legs really matter?

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I would just leave him since he doesn't have much longer until you're going to FF him. Then you can get a seat you want for FF.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
If he's not complaining, don't worry about it. Leave as is.

Unless you're looking for someone to enable you, in which case you should most definitely get him a new seat.

abigaylebelle

I would probably switch the seats if the signo can work in the car with reclining seats. I have reclining seats in my car so that's where my ds's signo g2 is and it makes a big difference compared to our other car because the seat is on a base and the seatback angles back more at the top if that makes sense. I've also used the signo ff and really liked it so we're planning to use it ff soon.

firemomof3

When I had the G2 for a little while my then 3y/o didn't complain about her legs, but as you can see my seats reclined a bit.
And um, pics please :p
G2012.jpg

cookie123

I'd probably switch them, if that worked. Is he about to outgrow either rf? I'd also probably continue to use them ff for awhile, until I HAD to have new seats for some other reason - hitting his head on loading/unloading, or just tired of lifting him up there. There will be some excuse, right?

I don't have Matthew often and I get tired of waiting for him to get into the Radian by himself. So, I'd be too impatient to wait all the time for him to get in the seat himself and want to put him in.

Mommy0608

I'd switch the seats to give him a little more leg room. If he's not complaining, it's probably not an issue. My DS doesn't complain at all, and it's RF in a Civic with very little leg room.

By switching and not buying a new convertible, that leaves you open to all possibilities when FF... whether you turn the current seats, or buy new. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC