Question Britax Parkway SGL

mlohry

So I am really wanting to purchase these for my boys. I am nervous however since they are not in stores yet, but would not mind taking advantage of the babycatalog.com discount on preorder. I know no one has tried this out yet, but for all you experts, what is your best guess for fitting my about 44 lb average height 6 year old and my 53lb average height 8 year old. I tried the SG and did not like the fit on my almost at the time 6 year old, the only way I could get the belt to fit right was to use the SG clip, but I know the arm rests are higher now, so will that improve belt fit, or not make a difference? The HB TB fits both of my boys great, problem is no latch and I REALLY like that option. I know there are other seats out there with latch, but I haven't tried them either. I wish Graco would get on board with the latch idea. Just curious what you all thought.

ADS

Baylor

So I am really wanting to purchase these for my boys. I am nervous however since they are not in stores yet, but would not mind taking advantage of the babycatalog.com discount on preorder. I know no one has tried this out yet, but for all you experts, what is your best guess for fitting my about 44 lb average height 6 year old and my 53lb average height 8 year old. I tried the SG and did not like the fit on my almost at the time 6 year old, the only way I could get the belt to fit right was to use the SG clip, but I know the arm rests are higher now, so will that improve belt fit, or not make a difference? The HB TB fits both of my boys great, problem is no latch and I REALLY like that option. I know there are other seats out there with latch, but I haven't tried them either. I wish Graco would get on board with the latch idea. Just curious what you all thought.

I am going to try one of these for my son. I want it for the crotch strap and latch.. I am interested and will be stalking this thread!

firemomof3

If it turns out the SGL doesn't improve the fit I would suggest trying the Oobr :love: It fits my 4.5y/o and 7y/o perfectly :thumbsup:

christineka

I was just thinking that lowering the arm rests might help get a lower belt fit. I'm no expert on car seats, though.

Baylor

I had a thought.. Does the rule about the anchor limit still hold with a booster? Since you are using it with a seat belt the anchors are not taking the load of the child and seat so it is just really to make sure it is secure.. not for protection for the child right?

babyherder

I had a thought.. Does the rule about the anchor limit still hold with a booster? Since you are using it with a seat belt the anchors are not taking the load of the child and seat so it is just really to make sure it is secure.. not for protection for the child right?

No, latch weight limit is not a concern with boosters

mlohry

The main reason I want a booster with latch is when my boys are not in them, so they do not become projectiles in our van and harm my RF daughter.

luckyclov

No, the LATCH weight limit doesn't apply to boosters. When a booster is LATCH'ed, the lower anchors are holding the weight of the booster alone, not the weight of the booster plus the weight of the child. LATCH weight limits in most vehicles is 48 lbs (although it's all specific to your vehicle and child restraint manufacturer). I don't know of any boosters that weigh 48 lbs. The main "benefit" to having an anchor-friendly booster is convienence...so there's no worry, hassle, or second guessing if an unoccupied booster is seat belted in. And, I guess, in some vehicles, depending on the seats, it may help with tipping issues.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I'm hoping to have a bunch of photos ready by next week comparing the SG to the SG-L. Unfortunately, I don't have a Turbo on hand:-(

mlohry

Darren, wish I could send you my TB! I can barely stand wondering if the new SGL will fit my boys, I am believing it will. Not to mention my older son who is average height is almost getting too tall for the HB of the TB. The SGL will give us some more growing space.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
If anyone in the Chicago area has a Turbo or other boosters and wants to compare, please let me know!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Can't wait! Do you know if they made the armrest longer on the SGL?

They do not appear to be any longer. Virtually all of the dimensions on the SGL are about the same as the SG. Even the armrest height is only about 1/2" taller at most, so still a minor change that probably would only affect shoulder belt fit slightly. I hope to have a photo review on the blog by Monday, Wednesday at the latest!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC