I was impressed!

Kobain's Mommy

So I've heard some not so good things about BabiesRus and their car seat sales people. How they are pushy and give wrong advice. Well today we went to BRU to look at a RN and CA. I was a little disappointed they didn't have the RN. Anyways we were looking at the CA on the car seat end cap and I was getting DS in it adjusting the seat to see how he liked it (he loved it by the way) before I lugged it out to the truck to try in there. My mom was looking at other seats and kept asking if I liked any of the other seats. So I decided to go down the isal to see what other seats they had in the store.

Well there was another lady there with this teeny little guy. She was looking at an MA the old style(65lbs). The sales lady walked by and asked if she needed any help. The mom looked at the SL with a deer in head lights look and said "I have no idea what I need. Are these better than that one over there (pointing to an Triumph LX )?" My jaw about hit the floor when the SL replied "It all depends! Car seats are one of the most important pieces of gear you can buy. The price doesn't matter if your child doesn't fit the seat or the seat fit your car.":eek::eek: The SL then told the mom to put the little guy in the MA to see how he fit. She told the mom since he was so small he should still be RFing since the little guy didn't look anywhere near 20lbs. The mom put him in and he was way to small for the MA. He had about a good inch for him to even reach the straps RFing. The SL pointed that out to the mom stating RFing the straps should be at or below his shoulders. They tried him in the Triumph LX and he looked snuggly. The mom asked them to hold one for her as she wanted to go get her husband before she tried it in the car. I about fell over.

ADS

wavegal

Its rare but they are out there! I have seen 1 or two myself! over the summer I saw a SL convince someone to get a Nauti over a Turbo booster! child was probably 3ish.

Baylor

So I've heard some not so good things about BabiesRus and their car seat sales people. How they are pushy and give wrong advice. Well today we went to BRU to look at a RN and CA. I was a little disappointed they didn't have the RN. Anyways we were looking at the CA on the car seat end cap and I was getting DS in it adjusting the seat to see how he liked it (he loved it by the way) before I lugged it out to the truck to try in there. My mom was looking at other seats and kept asking if I liked any of the other seats. So I decided to go down the isal to see what other seats they had in the store.

Well there was another lady there with this teeny little guy. She was looking at an MA the old style(65lbs). The sales lady walked by and asked if she needed any help. The mom looked at the SL with a deer in head lights look and said "I have no idea what I need. Are these better than that one over there (pointing to an Triumph LX )?" My jaw about hit the floor when the SL replied "It all depends! Car seats are one of the most important pieces of gear you can buy. The price doesn't matter if your child doesn't fit the seat or the seat fit your car.":eek::eek: The SL then told the mom to put the little guy in the MA to see how he fit. She told the mom since he was so small he should still be RFing since the little guy didn't look anywhere near 20lbs. The mom put him in and he was way to small for the MA. He had about a good inch for him to even reach the straps RFing. The SL pointed that out to the mom stating RFing the straps should be at or below his shoulders. They tried him in the Triumph LX and he looked snuggly. The mom asked them to hold one for her as she wanted to go get her husband before she tried it in the car. I about fell over.

That is awesome. I have never had that experience at BRU with Car Seats. It would be nice if they had a tech on duty in every store. Not for installs but to answer those questions as well.

COOL!

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
It's great when they do have knowledgeable people on staff, and I hope that they have started to put more emphasis on training before allowing staff to answer questions willy-nilly. Sounds like that store has a gem - I hope she stays!

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Oh, and make sure you take the time to mention to a manager how impressed you were. Call or tell them in person, but be sure to mention her by name. We've got to praise the good ones so BRU knows what the customer wants!

jsmom

Thats rare for sure! I had to take a seat down to show the employee that the straps for forward facing need to be at or above the shoulders. His response was that they must have changed that recently. :confused: I wonder how many other people he has misinformed.

Kobain's Mommy

I wanted to talk to the manager but the store was closing and DH was getting antcy. I plan on calling tomorrow since we just got home and the store closes soon.

Mae

The BRU I was at on Sunday has an employee who tells parents to RF kids until at least two -- but as long as possible. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC