Can you remove HUGS for new Britax seats?

MarathonMama

Title says it all - just wondering if you can remove the HUGS when RF in the new Britax convertables just as you can for the older models.

ADS

2BunniesMommy

Are you sure? I didn't see anything in my BLVD70 manual saying it was ok, but did see in the section about removing the cover it said not to remove the HUGS.

wavegal

Are you sure? I didn't see anything in my BLVD70 manual saying it was ok, but did see in the section about removing the cover it said not to remove the HUGS.

My Manual said they are only required for FFing. It does say the harness isn't' removable. However Britax told me how to remove it.

Last edited:

alia

Bumping because I just got a Boulevard 70 and see the same things in the manual as the OP. Our new LO is almost 2 months old and just over 8 pounds. We're about ready to take out our bucket and drop her into this, but on our test run, I can see that she would fit waaaay better if I removed the HUGS.

I am concerned that one of the following warnings is legacy text from older generation seats and wonder: Does anyone now know what the official word from Britax is? Unfortunately, they close their CS at 5 EST.

Page 2 (on the "WARNING! Death or serious injury can occur" page) says: HUGS chest pads must be used in forward-facing more. Removal of HUGS is optional only for rear-facing mode. [Their info on HUGS on the website is consistent with this message.]

Page 56 (the "Care and Maintenance" section, separate from both the RF and FF instruction sections) says: DO NOT remove the HUGS chest pads from the harness straps.

TIA.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC