Would this bug you?

cpsaddict

I love my MA 70, except for one thing. The headrest thing(that moves the straps up) rattles when DD is not in it. It is driving me nuts! :eek: I keep thinking there is something wrong with my car and it's just the headrest vibrating. There is not any fabric right behind the piece, so I think the plastic of the head thing is rattling against the plastic of the shell. Do you think this is normal? I knew I should have gotten the paisley BLVD70. :rolleyes:

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, so not cool... My Combi Kobuk did that, and it was the last straw, I had to throw it away, lol. For an MA that you otherwise like? I vote, turn up the radio, lol. (I was fine with the creaking of a few of the other seats I've liked otherwise.... :))

cpsaddict

Oh, so not cool... My Combi Kobuk did that, and it was the last straw, I had to throw it away, lol. For an MA that you otherwise like? I vote, turn up the radio, lol. (I was fine with the creaking of a few of the other seats I've liked otherwise.... :))

Haha! I totally did! It's not as bad now that it's outboard. :D I'll just deal. It's a minor thing in the long run. I LOVE the seat otherwise. I guess I coud give DH the 70 and I could take the cowmoo Classic back. :whistle:

ETA: It didn't do this in my 01 Escape. I just got an 07, which is an automatic transmisson and seems to vibrate a bit more than my old one. Oh, well, I love the seat and car, so it's doable.

Maggie

Ugh. DD1's Monterey booster is squeaky and it drives me bonkers!!! It only happens when she's not in it, it's the eps foam rubbing on the plastic shell. It is SO annoying.

mydogteaser

Ds's Nauti has a rattle in it when he's not in it. I think it may be from something in the storage cubby, but never remember to check and am reminded as we are driving down the road. It bugs the crap out of me. My van also has a squeak in it that only emerges in the cooler months (you know, 9 months of the year in WI!) and it drives me INSANE. Noises like that bug me in general anyway. I can hear the buzz in flourescent lights. Stuff like that. But car noises are on a whole different level!

Kayleen

Ds's Nauti has a rattle in it when he's not in it. I think it may be from something in the storage cubby, but never remember to check and am reminded as we are driving down the road. It bugs the crap out of me. My van also has a squeak in it that only emerges in the cooler months (you know, 9 months of the year in WI!) and it drives me INSANE. Noises like that bug me in general anyway. I can hear the buzz in flourescent lights. Stuff like that. But car noises are on a whole different level!

Anything in DD's nauti cupholder (other than a cup) rattles. Drives me nuts. I have to take it out or I can't go any farther. Nothing in the cubbys seem to rattle though, including matchbox cars.

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
Oh yeah, rattling car seats drive me bonkers. Sometimes depending on the way the prongs from the crotch strap are laying when the seat is unoccupied, they will rattle against each other and I have to stop at the soonest possible opportunity to push them away from each other. Even with the radio on, the sound is pervasive.

msg221

I don't have a problem with my MA70 but the MR rattled. I figured out it was the tether strap that was rattling (I had it RF, so it wasn't being used). My DH would complain all the time and it drove me nuts as well. It is now the designated spare seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC