Which choice do you believe to be the wisest? the best?

christineka

I'm talking about boosters.

We have an issue with two three acrosses. The middle row buckles are low and far back. The kids had great difficulty buckling the vivo and turboboosters in the second row. I found that the parkway worked great because of having no arm rests. My dds have fallen in love with the plush cover as well.

I bought a parkway sg in the recent sale. It has come and already been tested. My older three children can buckle the parkway sg in the middle row, next to the regent. The sg is a taller high back booster than the old one by around 1 inch, maybe a tad less. The sg is therefore also taller than the vivo. Also, it leaves room for the shoulders, which the vivo doesn't for older, bigger kids. There's more depth in the seat as well as highly desired cup holders. The vivo has no cupholders. The vivo doms are in late 2007. I didn't look, but I'm sure the parkway's dom is 2010.

The one think my kids didn't like about the sg was the cover. It's the blue cover and not plush. Are there other sg covers that are plush?

I have younger kids to pass the booster down to. It makes sense to me to keep the parkway. It was a price that I could make up if I sold the two vivos for a decent price. The kid would be happier with a plush os parkway, though. The sip isn't as deep as the vivo either. I think I like the lap belt fit of the vivo better. I'll get pics up in a little bit. WWYD?

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

christineka

9 year old. This would actually be her seat. Blue is her favorite color. I see now that the headrest should be pushed up a notch.
parkwaysgC.jpg

parkwaysgclipC.jpg

10 year old with both seats at their highest.
parkwayE.jpg

parkwaysgE.jpg

Chameleon

I'm sorry I read through all of that 3 times and I still can't quite figure out what you are asking.:eek:

I can say that the cowmoo cover for the PWSG is plush.

christineka

I'm sorry I read through all of that 3 times and I still can't quite figure out what you are asking.:eek:

Sorry to be confusing. I just want someone to tell me whether I should keep the SG (because it'll last another 6 years and was bought for a very economical price) or I should not keep the sg. (Because my kids don't need it, the belt fit on my kids is not as good as the boosters they currently have, etc)

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
How long do you have to decide? Like how many days before you'd have to send the PWSG back if you decide to do so?

I'll try to find out for sure if I'm still going to need my OSPW and let you know ASAP. It is a 2006 though if that sways you one way or another and the cover is only partly plush (the one I traded you for lol).

Baylor

I have a question about the 9 yr old seat. Is that the Parkway?? It comes with that crotch strap?? I assume to prevent submarining? I love that!!

I think that might be a seat I look into for my son!

rachelandtyke

I have a question about the 9 yr old seat. Is that the Parkway?? It comes with that crotch strap?? I assume to prevent submarining? I love that!!

I think that might be a seat I look into for my son!

Yes, that is the slide guard strap on the Parkway to prevent submarining. It is standard on the Parkway (that's what PWSG stands for) and can also be purchased for the Frontier in booster mode. The PWSGL is coming soon and is the same thing but the booster can be LATCHed in. :)

Baylor

Yes, that is the slide guard strap on the Parkway to prevent submarining. It is standard on the Parkway (that's what PWSG stands for) and can also be purchased for the Frontier in booster mode. The PWSGL is coming soon and is the same thing but the booster can be LATCHed in. :)

Really???? That may be worth waiting for for me..

I think that is one of my issues with boostering. That would take that one fear our of it for me! Do you know when it will be available?

NannyMom

I'd lean towards keep it, because it'll last longer and you still have kids to go through boosters. BUT, I don't like the look of the lap belt w/o the SG.

NVMBR02

Really???? That may be worth waiting for for me..

I think that is one of my issues with boostering. That would take that one fear our of it for me! Do you know when it will be available?

The Parkway SGL (the version with latch) is supposed to be shipping anytime now. As always, there can be delays with new seats actually making to the market.

OP, I think it would be good to keep it, you'll likely get a lot of use out of it. I agree the lapbelt does look a but high in the pictures. I like it better with the SG on or possibly in another seating position.

christineka

I don't like the fit of the lap belt without the clip either. My dd2, for whom this booster would be for some years, hates having a crotch clip. (Or a harness for that matter.) I don't think she would go for putting the crotch clip on each and every trip. Thanks for the input. The parkway sg will have to go.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC