Why do websites dispersing car seat info

ADS

mominabigtruck

It's amazing how they say for young babies 5 pt is safest but then show a tiny baby in a 3pt discovery with aftermarket strap covers.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I've seen that one before on a yahoo image search. It's just amazing that they would still use that picture when they could replace it with such a better one!

MySillyKids

Its probally a cost factor. They would have to pay a model kid to come in and take pics. Its probally much easier to use the one's you've got! :rolleyes:

flipper68

Senior Community Member
You would be surprised at the lack of computer skills in the real world. I know, we all hang out on the web, but many don't. Also, it takes TIME to prepare the graphics and update a website. Many non profits and businesses don't take the time to do this.

Just today (I'm taking a break from teaching and working for a Print on Demand Publisher), I walked a lady through how to save a document and then attach it to her email.

Yesterday I had an author call me to ask about uploading his revised manuscript. I had to send it back (in Feb. mind you) because he used hard returns throughout. . . Someone at my co. must have done a ton of work prior because his manuscript is in 365 SEPARATE "W" files. :doh: Yes in deedy, each page is a separate file.

[And I thought I was taking a break from special education. :rolleyes: ]

I call it "reluctant and phobic computer users," but last month's Reader's Digest had a better one: P. I. C. N. I. C. = problem in chair, not in computer.

southpawboston

also, it's not just as easy as doing a google image search and plucking off the picture that you like best. there are copyright issues. there are probably few public domain pics on the net that would have served the purpose, and if there were, it probably cost too much in terms of time spent to find them... for them. also remember that the main thrust of that publication was not carseats, but child safety in general.

the same thing happens all the time with everything else in life. i get a little miffed when i see ads in macintosh magazines (i'm a diehard mac user) that show windows PCs in the background!! for peet's sake, why can't they show a mac if the ad is directed toward a mac user!!! ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC