I hate my Coccoro

Aurezalia

There, I said it. I'm about to rip my hair out over this car seat.
The install is ridiculous. It takes me at least 10x as long to install the CCO as the RN - WHICH one is supposed to be the difficult install here?! And the times I've done it I'm still not happy with how tightly it was in. I have to go reinstall AGAIN tomorrow because when I checked it today it somehow has 5"-6" of extra slack in it. :eek: Yeah... NOT there when I installed. Luckily I haven't had the baby riding in it for a week or 2. The fact that I can't count on the install staying solid in my car worries me.
I like that it puzzles well with the RN. And... that's about it.
I hate the install. I hate the stupid puzzle buckle. I hate the long strap covers that make it an ordeal every time I tighten the harness. I hate the (relatively) high sides that mean when B falls asleep in the car, I will NEVER be able to pull him out without him waking up. I. Hate. This. Seat.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
In some cars it works great. In others it doesn't. Same as other seats. ;) Sounds like it's not a great fit for your car or situation. So get rid of it, and get another?

I usually muuuch prefer the CA install over the Radian install. We rented a Malibu-- the CA was a HORROR to put in and the Radian went in in 4 minutes with minimal effort in the same spot! So the Radian went RF and the CA went FF. Fit to each car will be different. It happens!

Aurezalia

I want another seat. Unfortunately the dream seat just isn't out there. :p I need something that will puzzle with the Radian. That leaves the MR or a Britax seat... I won't do Britax, and the MR's high sides make me start crying just to look at them.
I suppose I may just try my other Radian in the center again. Haven't tried in months. Maybe I can squeeze it in there this time...
Or, I could go the *really* difficult route and just use the RN I have installed in there for both boys, changing harness heights back and forth... (Luckily I can do that without uninstalling the seat).

Pixels

The harness covers are optional, right? If you took them off, then they wouldn't be there to bother you.

Which install method have you used? Have you tried using one of the other ones? LATCH instead of seatbelt (if in a LATCH position), European routing vs North American routing? You're using the RF lockoff?

LuvMyCharlie

I don't have anything helpful to add other than I'm having a hard time loving my CCO too. I'm just trying to deal with it. :S

featherhead

In some cars it works great. In others it doesn't. Same as other seats. ;) Sounds like it's not a great fit for your car or situation. So get rid of it, and get another?

I usually muuuch prefer the CA install over the Radian install. We rented a Malibu-- the CA was a HORROR to put in and the Radian went in in 4 minutes with minimal effort in the same spot! So the Radian went RF and the CA went FF. Fit to each car will be different. It happens!

Good to know... I debated getting a CA for a while.

kidnurse

Are you installing it by yourself or do you have a 2nd person to help you? I had trouble installing a CCO in my car by myself, but when I had a tech helping me the 2nd set of hands makes all the difference.

rachelandtyke

I can get an awesome install 3rd row, but not so much 2nd row captain's chair, which is where I would really like it . . .

tl01

Installwise... I feel the same way about the CCO. I cannot keep it tight in my new car. I got it super tight and the DS2 rode in it twice... once on the way to dinner and once on the way home and it was loose again:(. The instructor for my class installed it and it still was loose after DS2 rode in it. We have been trying a pool noodle instead of the recline block but that isn't helping either. I think the shape of the bottom of the seat is the issue for my car since the seats are way slippery. I love the seat in general, it is so cute and sleek but I am excited to get my new Blvd70 today to see how it works instead.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I would definitely try some different installation methods--there are about six to choose from!

I get the best install by using the European routing and using only the built-in belt guide (not the removable lockoff).

But if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. It's a very DIFFERENT seat, and that can be a good thing or a bad thing.

Angela

Supposedly the new model is supposed to have grippies on the bottom of it, so maybe that will help a bit.

kidzndogz

I'm in the same boat. Mine has the flipping issue...no matter how I recline my seat back or use noodles...it flips up at the slightest touch. I finally got it so it will take like 4 fingers to flip it up instead of 1 :rolleyes: but it took me like 30 minutes to accomplish that. I'm just dealing with it. I'm tempted to just go back to his KF that is in Shaun's car.

If only it could RF tether!!!!!

Aurezalia

I'm just glad to hear I'm not alone!
I've tried every install method possible in this seating position. Even tried moving it outboard so I can try LATCH, but it installs even worse in the outboard seats than it does in the center. (Didn't think that was possible. :rolleyes:) I'll play around today and see what I can do. I may just wind up with 2 RN's in the car, in which case I'll probably be selling on the CCO.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I am sooooooooooo glad to hear I'm not the only one!

The install on this sucks. It's acceptable second row outboard, but I need it second row center or third row outboard. Second row center I think it's incompatable, third row it's passable but I don't like it. My third row is impossible to check constantly for tightness, which is what I feel like this seat needs.

So... in the garage it sits. Instead I use my $18 Avenue and I am thrilled.

FWIW, as a fellow Coccoro-disliker, I :love: my MR to bits. I load from the back, so the sides haven't been a problem, but I don't think it's as bad as it seems. Any way you can borrow one for a couple of days from someone else out there and try it?

Mags462

Oh the cool mint cover was just to die for ..... but the install where i needed it to be - not so much. It wasn't BAD, just not rock solid like i can get my other seats and it WOULD loosen w/ use :thumbsdown:

So i said goodbye to my adorable CCO and got another mundane looking TF.... BEST decision EVER! :p

I do sorely miss that harness adjuster though!

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
For those of you having issues are you using Combi's recline block thingy? (Sorry don't know the actual name for it) I was just at an update class last week and finally got to play with the CCO. I needed to see if it would work in my car for another mom who is looking to get it. It didn't install well without the block. My class was actually taught by Vera and she stated that the seat had trouble installing on stiffer seats.

tl01

For those of you having issues are you using Combi's recline block thingy? (Sorry don't know the actual name for it) I was just at an update class last week and finally got to play with the CCO. I needed to see if it would work in my car for another mom who is looking to get it. It didn't install well without the block. My class was actually taught by Vera and she stated that the seat had trouble installing on stiffer seats.

I have tried it with the recline blocks, without, and with a noodle. I think the curved bottom is part of the issue and a lack of grippies. The seat installs better in my hubby's car so it might end up living over there.

tl01

Oh the cool mint cover was just to die for ..... but the install where i needed it to be - not so much. It wasn't BAD, just not rock solid like i can get my other seats and it WOULD loosen w/ use :thumbsdown:

So i said goodbye to my adorable CCO and got another mundane looking TF.... BEST decision EVER! :p

I do sorely miss that harness adjuster though!

That's my issue. I get it in tight and then it loosens:(.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC