Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Seat for Civic SI

I'm looking for another car seat for my spouse's car. Currently i have a Triumph in my '05 Corolla and I do like it. I may consider getting a different one for my own car and giving him the Triumph for the Civic. It's a 2000 Civic Si so it's 2 dr, very small back seat and my partner is very tall!
    My son is 11 months old, 20 lbs, 29 inches long.
    I am definitely doing RF and the budget is a little tight.
    Basically i'm wondering if the Triumph will fit well in the tiny little Civic or what kind of seat would fit the best.
    I hope thats enough info for anyone to help me.
    Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Seat for Civic SI

From looking online, I see a few posts regarding convertible seat choices for the civic (might not be your specific model year though).
    http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=143326
    http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=112554
    http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=56088

Do you have any nearby baby stores that will let you try out seat installs before buying them? I know the Babies R Us stores in the US allow it, but I wasn't sure what was available in Canada. If you could try out some different seats, that might help you narrow down the seat choices.

Since your child is older, install the carseat more upright (most seats allow an install from 30-45 degree recline). A more upright install should give you a little more room in the front seat.
    Katy

Re: Seat for Civic SI

Thank you very much for your help. I don't have access to the civic, it's my son's grandma's car so i can't really try before i buy but i will certainly check out the return policy for if it doesn't work out.