New Plan... Any Advice?

lil.miss32

So Michael is happy in the car if he can see us. When he hit 40lbs, I turned him FF. He was throwing his cup (getting stuck under the pedel) and his blanket if he couldn't see us, I guess to make sure we were still there. I found that he does ok with a mirror (I know, not exactly safEST but safER than FF at 2). Our PLAN now is to buy a Multi-Tech (or Two-Way? Opinions welcome) at tax time and trade the Tribute in for a new vehicle before baby comes.

So advice needed on carseat... MT? Two Way? (I *know* they are illegal for use, but I feel it's safer than turning him FF. My goal was 4, and dang nabbit, I'm gonna make it!)

And on vehicle... I'd love a van. Captains chairs, and 2 sliding doors are huge priorities. Ease of installing carseats (we're not stopping at 3 babies) so including anchors... Also, I have to be able to drive it easily! I'm only 4'9" and in lots of vehicles, I can't see over the steering wheel while reaching the pedels. If I can, I'm usually eating the steering wheel, and being almost constantly pregnant, that's not comfy or safe.

Tax time comes end of January for us, so this is something we need to think about fairly soon. Baby is due April, DH is deploying just before or just after. The XTSL will go to the baby.

ADS

babyherder

Any reason not to use the XTSL rf until he gets closer to 45lbs?

I vote cowmoo MT or red MT! They both look awesome.

lil.miss32

I'll use the XTSL until tax time (at the rate he keeps growing, it won't be too long after that, that he'll outgrow it) and we also need it for new baby. He was 29lbs in July, and is about 40lbs now. So we honestly don't have much time. LOL. I'm not a HUGE fan of cowmoo, but I'll let him pick the print... It'll go through all of the kids, maybe something NOT white would be better. LOL.
I just didn't know the huge differences between the MT and TWE

babyherder

I haven't seen a MT or TWE in real life. I just like the MT cover choices better. Many colors appropriate for either boys or girls. But the TWE has a red cover too. I like red. Overall, I like the looks of the MT better but I'd probably choose a vehicle and then decide which seat would fit better in it.

lil.miss32

We probably won't get a vehicle until about March, so we have few months as possible with payments withOUT deployment pay. So the seat will have to come first, and will end up having to work in our Tribute and then the new car.

lil.miss32

Anybody with more opinions? I guess after researching, the MT will be it. The TWE needs to be braced, and I'm so short, it won't be possible, AND I don't want to chance messing up the automatic airbags...

But vehicle wise, is Odyssey the way to go?

laccaycol

I have both and i like the MT better but i :love: them both. i think the MT is easier to install but the TWE give you other belt path options like i needed in with the long stalk in the truck where i couldnt get the MT in i could get the TWE.

MTTWE014.jpg

MTandTwoway037-1.jpg

lil.miss32

I have read that the MT takes up less room front to back then the Radian. When I drive, my seat doesn't come near to touching the Radian. LOL. So I'm not sure the TWE would work (I know, dif seat, just guessing). And I'm nervous about the sensors.

I'm glad to see that the MT is a bit easier to install. That's good to know. LOL

Kayleen

I don't know about vans, but when we were test driving vehicles a few years ago, the Chevy Malibu had foot pedals that moved forward so you didn't have to be so close to the steering wheel. In many cars, I can't see over the wheel either unless I can raise the seat up. But in your case sounds like you need both options - raise the seat and move pedals closer to you. Look for those option in vehicles for sure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC