Another good outcome from a crash

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
This story starts a few years back. I was talking to a customer, she happened to mention to me that she had her seat installed at a certain boutique I know too well. They told her she did not have latch. Her SUV was like a 2004, I think. I told her she did and asked if I could come check. She said yes. Of course I found the latch and taught her to install.

This summer, the infant seat I first helped install years ago was lent to a friend. Of course, she was taught how to use it right.

A week ago, that mom was in a crash, with her newborn. They hit ice and flipped.

Everyone is fine!

fj1.jpg

ADS

Louisa

CPST Instructor
Re: Another good outcome form a crash

Wow Judi!!

that is so awesome, that's exactly why we are educators not just installers, i know you are the most humble person ever, so i'll be proud of you for you :)

that is just incrediable, thanks for the reminder that if we are really doing our job we can have a hand in saving children we have never met :)

thanks for being awesome :D

Mommy2Marcus

WOW!!! That is really awsome Judi! I agree that when taught to do it right, that you may be in return helping to save others lives that you are not even aware of. I know that I have helped a couple of my friends learn to install their seats right. I did not do the work for them, I just taught them to do it themselves.

You are one awsome lady Judi!!!! :love: :thumbsup:

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I feel like if in all my years as a tech, if I can save one life, it was worth all the $$ for certifications and all the hours of checks, online here, etc.

Way to go Judi! This is what we are here for, to SAVE LIVES!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I certainly did not post to pat myself on the back. :eek:

Just showing that we are doing good as a team. Teaching one person can go a long way!

babyherder

You deserve a pat on the back! Its stories like this that remind me why I keep mentioning car seat safety even when people don't seem to want to hear it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC