Enable me? Or not?

rodentranger

Seats are listed in my siggy. Wizard expires in January, so I'm not even thinking about it.
I have two 33 lb MAs, CA, XTSL, GN, and FR80. YDS is 30 lbs, so will be moving out of my MAs rf soon, which means he'll need the CA and the XTSL. ODS is 38-40 lbs so only able to rf in the XTSL. At nearly 4, I can be okay with him ff full time, though he hates being ff.
My dilemma, if you want to call it that, is that I really don't like Marathons ff. I just don't. So I'll be left with just the four seats that I'm okay with using-two convertibles and two combination seats for two kids who ride in three vehicles regularly.
I don't trust DH to install seats properly.:eek: My mom just doesn't want to install them at all. I feel like I really do need 6 seats.
Should I just suck it up and keep the MA's? Or sell one or both to buy another erf seat (or two :whistle:) I'm trying to tell myself I'm okay with ff'ing ODS, but I'm not convinced. Should I tell DH I'm importing a TWE? :p

ADS

jjordan

You do know that this is the wrong place to ask a question like this, unless you've already pretty much decided to buy a bunch more seats? :)

rodentranger

There's a MultiTech in swap, but I'm not on the east coast. I am contemplating asking SIL if she can ask her MIL to pick it up and bring it out here when they come for the holidays though.:D

I have decided nothing yet. lol All I know is exactly what I said in my OP. Of course I'd like a fleet of XTSL's (or TWE's :whistle: ), but realistically I can't rf them forever. And ODS is 4 and 40, so I should be comfortable with ff'ing him right? I'd also like the RNs to install as easily as a classic MA. I should go to school to become an engineer *just* so I can design the PERFECT seat!

babyherder

I say sell and the radians and rf ODS longer. You said he doesn't like ff and who wants to listen to him be upset about it on a long car drive. Plus you get to choose more xtsl covers. I like so many I could never choose just one!

Also, I don't think you should necessarily be ok with ff your ds at any specific point. You'll be ready when you're ready.

rodentranger

I say sell and the radians and rf ODS longer. You said he doesn't like ff and who wants to listen to him be upset about it on a long car drive. Plus you get to choose more xtsl covers. I like so many I could never choose just one!

Also, I don't think you should necessarily be ok with ff your ds at any specific point. You'll be ready when you're ready.

Honestly, knowing what I do, I don't know that I'll ever really be ready. I just fear the vehicles the RN's may not install in. If ODS gains the way he has in the last six months, he'll hit 45 by next summer. He stayed a nice 35 lbs for TWO years, then six months ago he gained 2.5 lbs, then did it again.

babyherder

Honestly, knowing what I do, I don't know that I'll ever really be ready. I just fear the vehicles the RN's may not install in. If ODS gains the way he has in the last six months, he'll hit 45 by next summer. He stayed a nice 35 lbs for TWO years, then six months ago he gained 2.5 lbs, then did it again.

In that case, the TWE is perfect! But I think you will be ready to ff at some point. At least more than you are now. Someday your ds will be a big kid and then a teenager. He will be safe ff. Good for you for realizing that time is not now. But don't stress so much about being ready in the future. I though I'd never be ready to booster a kid in my car. But 'my baby' grew. He really looks bigger now. And he fits boosters well. If you had asked me when he was 2 I'd have said he'd never be big enough to booster. I really could not imagine how much he would grow and change. But one day I looked at him and :jaw:

rodentranger

It's not even that I think he's small. He is getting harder to cram into the XTSL, especially now that he's become obsessed with not getting his muddy shoes on his seat or my vehicle seatback. No matter how many times I tell him it really doesn't matter, he freaks out about the mud. I've shown him we can wipe it off the leather seat easily and that his XTSL cover is washable! I appreciate his concern, but I really am not going to worry about the interior of DH's cars that have 196K miles or my car that we're going to have until it has 200K miles.
It's just that physics says we would all be safer rf'ing.

HayleyCPST

I'm very sure!! I only have one usable turbo as the foam broke off in the other. So, yes I use it every day for M or Y. You can play but not take unless I can borrow something you have. That's what Crystal and I did. Don't forget the purell!;)

rodentranger

I'm very sure!! I only have one usable turbo as the foam broke off in the other. So, yes I use it every day for M or Y. You can play but not take unless I can borrow something you have. That's what Crystal and I did. Don't forget the purell!;)

You're welcome to borrow anything in my siggy if I test drive your TWE!

T4K

You do know that this is the wrong place to ask a question like this, unless you've already pretty much decided to buy a bunch more seats? :)

This board is like an episode of Intervention, minus the addiction/dealing/sharing/enabling of legal and illegal drugs, plus the additiction/dealing/sharing/enabling of legal and "illegal" child safety seats. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC