Vent Grr my check event today

brightredmtn

One of the two senior checkers actually told a family that their seven month old was safer in an infant seat over a convertible. Now granted the two seats in question were a Snugride 35 and a Scenera. In my head I didn't disagree based on quality, EPS foam etc... but that's not the right message for us to be giving to parents, we really can't make that judgment call at all. Secondly the quality difference between the two seats wasn't her point. She thought that the SR35 would fit the baby better and thus be safer.

Another thing that really frustrated me is this family came in for a discounted Scenera because they are on assistance and their doctor had told them their daughter was too big for the SR35. The baby actually still had a ton of room in the SR35 so the sr. checker wouldn't give them the Scenera. Through the course of the appointment though it was revealed that the base of the SR35 was installed during a fairly bad accident. Parents didn't know they needed to replace the base and didn't get reimbursed from insurance, I think they have probably settled and now won't be able to. Anyway they were on assistance so would have qualified for a $30 Scenera from us and this sr. checker still wouldn't give them the seat even with the knowledge of the accident. The other sr. checker who is awesome even advocated that they get the Scenera but no luck. So now this baby will be driving around in a crashed base and can't get a new Scenera from us until she outgrows the SR35.

ADS

2BunniesMommy

I don't understand why they were allowed to leave a check with baby in a crashed seat. Weird. Too bad it didn't work out better. I think it is great they were there trying to get a better (not crashed is certainly safer, either is an ok fit..) seat. I hope they are able to get a discounted seat later on if they still need one and that they'll make the effort again after not being able to get it this time. How frustrating!

skaterbabs

did they teach the parents how to install the SR without the base, or was the entire seat in the crash?

brightredmtn

I don't understand why they were allowed to leave a check with baby in a crashed seat. Weird. Too bad it didn't work out better. I think it is great they were there trying to get a better (not crashed is certainly safer, either is an ok fit..) seat. I hope they are able to get a discounted seat later on if they still need one and that they'll make the effort again after not being able to get it this time. How frustrating!

I think the sr. checker wouldn't give them a new seat because there was the possibility that insurance would replace the base. I just think that is unlikely.

did they teach the parents how to install the SR without the base, or was the entire seat in the crash?

I offered but the parents weren't interested. They weren't like "OMG we have to stop using this ASAP" like I was and they're going to try and get a new base through insurance. It was only the base that was crashed.

skaterbabs

:( It should have been a priority to explain to them that under no circumstances should the base be used, but that it wasn't necessary and the seat was usable while they were working on getting a replacement base.

brightredmtn

:( It should have been a priority to explain to them that under no circumstances should the base be used, but that it wasn't necessary and the seat was usable while they were working on getting a replacement base.

I know I know but neither sr. checkers supported me so I was sort of at a dead end. I tried my hardest. Hopefully they've gone to buy a new base.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC