Traveling with a booster

lovemyfamily

Obviously they cannot be used on the plane, so it has to be checked. We like to gate check carseats, when we have to check them, and they are always bagged. Wondering if the Parkway folds like the Compass or not? I have a travel bag we have used for the Marathon in the past, and was hoping it would fit the Parkway. Guess I need to check measurements of the Parkway, height would be the big factor.

ADS

scatterbunny

No, the Parkway doesn't fold. The Compass B510 is probably your best bet for travel. The TurboBooster also comes apart to become a backless, so it also can be stored fairly compactly.

lovemyfamily

No, the Parkway doesn't fold. The Compass B510 is probably your best bet for travel. The TurboBooster also comes apart to become a backless, so it also can be stored fairly compactly.

Does the Compass take on the ET look like the Parkway when the headrest is extended? I think I like that the Monarch has more protection around the chest and shoulders.

lovemyfamily

Thanks. I think I might go with the compass. I just LOVE the cow in the parkway, but I don't like how flimsy it felt when I extended the headrest all the way up. Or maybe the Monarch. UGH! Decisions!

mamato2

FYI- Parkway WILL fit in any car seat bag that says 'fits all car seats'. I bought a bag specifically to carry our Parkway on a trip when I flew and knew I'd have to gate check it. Just put the headrest down and it will fit fine.
C.

sfeitler

Just a note, the Turbo requires a screwdriver to take it apart--at least DD's does. The Evenflo Big Kid also comes apart and does not require a screwdriver.

-Sarah

lovemyfamily

FYI- Parkway WILL fit in any car seat bag that says 'fits all car seats'. I bought a bag specifically to carry our Parkway on a trip when I flew and knew I'd have to gate check it. Just put the headrest down and it will fit fine.
C.

Thanks! I now think I am leaning toward the Monarch. I hope it would fit in a standard carseat bag for travel.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Screwdriver should only be necessary for taking off the armrests (but why do that anyway?) -- the Turbo is rather notorious for coming apart too easily when carried incorrectly by the back rather than the base....

sfeitler

Screwdriver should only be necessary for taking off the armrests (but why do that anyway?) -- the Turbo is rather notorious for coming apart too easily when carried incorrectly by the back rather than the base....

Hmm... we've only travelled with it once, and DH could not figure out how to get it apart without removing the armrests, that time. Dunno... :scratcheshead: I'd have to look again.

Ours apparently didn't hear that it should come apart too easily. ;) Whereas the Evenflo does come apart fairly easily, but also goes back together easily, so I don't mind.

-Sarah

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hmm... we've only travelled with it once, and DH could not figure out how to get it apart without removing the armrests, that time. Dunno... :scratcheshead: I'd have to look again.

Ours apparently didn't hear that it should come apart too easily. ;) Whereas the Evenflo does come apart fairly easily, but also goes back together easily, so I don't mind.

-Sarah

Ah, some dh's just like to use tools... :D. The backrest has hooks on it that wrap around posts on the base, you lay it down flat, hook them on, and then stand it up, reverse to separate, armrests not involved at all :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC