Outboard vs Center

Chely7425

I know we have talked about this before but I can't seem to find anything that addresses this issue. I have a FF 2.5 year old, yes ideally he would still be RF but he isn't. Right now he is in the center because everyone says least protected kid should go in the center seat. I need to figure out how to rearrange seats for a 2 week period so that the drivers seat can be moved back farther. Would you put the 2.5 year old FF behind the driver? Buy a new seat that would give more front to back room to keep the 2.5 year old center? Some other option?

ADS

babyherder

Well if you got a seat that took up less front to back room rf behind the driver maybe you could put the 2 yr old in it rf and then not worry so much about who's in the middle. If you can afford a new seat to keep the two year old ff and in the middle that's probably best. But if you can't, put the 2 yr old outboard in a properly used top tethered ff seat and know that he's very safe. You do the best you can.

Chely7425

I think I could get the 2 year old a new seat IF it puzzled correctly and it possibly might mean getting 2 new seats. I wonder if my 17 month old would still fit in a MR... I know that puzzles with the RF Radian really well and then I could do RF MR/RF RN/SR35... My year old is 35 inches though so I don't know how much time he would have left in the MR! Though.. even if he just fit for 6 months that would get my oldest past 3 then I would feel better FF him and I could pass the MR to the younger and put the middle back into his Radian RF in the center...

I think I just gave myself a headache...

Chely7425

Would a RF MA puzzle the same as a RF MR with the RF Radian? Would it take up less space front to back than the Radian?

Cryssy Jane

yes. An MA and an RN puzzle amazingly when they're both facing the same direction. A little more challenging when facing opposite, but still do-able.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC