VERY Tall 17 mos old + Classic Marathon?

Chely7425

I REALLY want to get the classic marathon with the mossy oak cover. DH would LOVE it. Plus, I think it would give me more room front to back than my Radian. My 17 month old is 35 inches tall and 28 pounds. My hope would be that he could be RF in the MA for another 6-8 months, than pass it to the baby and put Trenton back in his RAdian...

ADS

Cryssy Jane

Amare: he was about 10 months at the time I believe, 28lbs, 14ish inch torso
IMG_0848.jpg

odin: he was about 18 months ish at the time, 30-32lbs, 15 inch torso
IMG_0839.jpg

zactayaus

Well my 18 mo is 34" and 25 1/2 lbs and has a long torso. I'm positive he'll fit in his Classic MA till at least his second birthday and I'm hoping another 6 months beyond that, but we'll just have to see.

This pic was from a couple of months ago:
100_1153-1.jpg

And here's a pic of him sleeping in his MA just a couple of days ago:
100_1911.jpg

Chely7425

He is so cute! Thank you for the pics... and enabling me :D I will probably wait a little longer to buy anything... I don't need it for a few months but its good to know there is hope! Would a RF MA puzzle well with a FF RN or a RF RN?

andre149

I don't have a picture, but my stepdaughter outgrew hers rearfacing by weight (old 33lb model) at about 2y2m, she still had about an inch and a half above her head. She's mostly legs, but has a decent sized torso as well :) Most of us here try to rearface our kids until at least 3... it probably won't get him to that, but if you're willing to do a seat shuffle he'll have some time in it currently :)

Chely7425

Yeah, I have no issues doing some seat shuffling :) He has a little brother so it isn't like I would just be buying a seat for him to use for 6 months then outgrow! I hate that the thinnest seat out here is so hard to get more upright!! I also hate the headaches my car gives me but that is an entirely separate issue :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC