45% NEW Britax Car Seats at Diapers.com (exp. 11/15)

msg221

I managed to fit the box in my car once I turned the BOB on its side. I can't even play with it because I need to finish my final paper for class. It's due by 11:59 p.m., so off I go! Just a few more pages to go!!!!

ADS

poohbear

Where I live they have Speedee delivery which is anything but. Apparently there was some accident and now my seat is in IA. Which would be fine but I don't live in IA. So I guess it's coming tomorrow...
I'd be happier if it was in my hot little hands. Not that I can use it, but still...
;)

msuarez919

So I was supposed to have my Advocate 70 delivered today by UPS (who usually deliver by 10 am in my neighborhood). I've been hitting refresh like crazy and all the sudden what pops up is "TRANSPORTATION ACCIDENT OCCURRED" :eek:!!! No more updates after that. So I start freaking out because I don't want a car seat showing up on my door step that's already been in an accident. I talked to 2 UPS reps this morning and they were ZERO help :hitselfonhead: (they didn't understand that a car seat that's been in an accident needs to be replaced with a new one). So I call up diapers.com to see if they can help me because I'm freaking out at this point. You guys, I don't know if I just got lucky and got the greatest rep in the world or if all diapers.com reps operate like this, but I am now a customer for life. I explained how I didn't want the car seat that had been in an accident delivered (what if I wasn't there and UPS left it? If you accept damaged stuff, I think you might me stuck with it :confused:). She immediately ordered me a new one that's being delivered by Fedex THIS FRIDAY! And I should also note that when this incredible deal was going on (the 45% off) they didn't have the Advocate 70 CS in cowmooflage so I had to order the Onyx (not at all the cover I wanted but for that price, who cared :)). I told the rep this and she is sending me the Advocate in cowmoo because it's now back in stock :D!!! All I have to say is that diapers.com is awesome! :thumbsup:

Cryssy Jane

I had called customer service. Mine finally showed up about 7pm, 2 hours after it was suppose to get here. I totally asked the guy why he was late (in retrospect this was pretty darn rude... things happen) and he said he took a break... a break that caused you to be 2 hours late? Then on top of that I found out my neighbor across the street was getting a package as well and they didn't get there's until after 830pm... and they live across the street... Ontrac is not very ontrack in my opinion.

msg221

That is great that they are sending you a new seat AND that you are getting Cowmoo now! I love my Cowmoo MA70! I loved my Cowmoo when I had the older BLVD so I'm happy to have it again.

I wonder if they will get the FR85 in Cowmoo or Onyx. If so, since I am not going to be using mine anytime soon, if they do get it in those covers, I wonder if I could exchange mine. I really would prefer to not have the mesh cover. I think I need to call them . . .

msuarez919

I wonder if they will get the FR85 in Cowmoo or Onyx. If so, since I am not going to be using mine anytime soon, if they do get it in those covers, I wonder if I could exchange mine. I really would prefer to not have the mesh cover. I think I need to call them . . .

When I saw this deal I called diapers up and asked them about that. I told them it would be a waste of my time and their (shipping) money to have me order in onyx and then exchange for cowmoo (that's what I had planned on doing). But the rep told me that if I wanted to exchange, they would credit my account with the cost ($203.49) and then place another order for the Advocate in cowmoo. At that point the seat would cost a lot more so I decided the onyx was just fine. But if I were you, I would give a call because at the time, it seemed kind of weird that diapers didn't do straight exchanges, especially since the cowmoo cover doesn't cost extra...and maybe if you get the right rep, things will go your way! good luck! :)

poohbear

Hmmm... mine is coming late because of a "transportation accident" - should I be concerned? I'm sure diapers.com would send me a new one, but is that necessary? I'd hate to have them waste their money shipping this one back and shipping me a new one. Techs? your opinions on this would be greatly appreciated! :)

luckyclov

My Pink Sky FR85 arrived this morning, on time (my Cowmoo PWSG is still MIA...). Do they have the FR85 in Cowmoo now? What the poop...that's what I wanted.

ETA: Nope, no cowmoo FR85.

tl01

I had called customer service. Mine finally showed up about 7pm, 2 hours after it was suppose to get here. I totally asked the guy why he was late (in retrospect this was pretty darn rude... things happen) and he said he took a break... a break that caused you to be 2 hours late? Then on top of that I found out my neighbor across the street was getting a package as well and they didn't get there's until after 830pm... and they live across the street... Ontrac is not very ontrack in my opinion.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. My experiences with them have been nothing but awesome so far. Sometimes my packages arrive by 8am with them. Their shipping is generally much quicker... Days quicker than the alternate of ground UPS etc.

tl01

Hmmm... mine is coming late because of a "transportation accident" - should I be concerned? I'm sure diapers.com would send me a new one, but is that necessary? I'd hate to have them waste their money shipping this one back and shipping me a new one. Techs? your opinions on this would be greatly appreciated! :)

I think it depends upon what the definition of accident is. Does it mean there was a crash or it accidentally got left off a shipment... KWIM.

Athena

I explained how I didn't want the car seat that had been in an accident delivered (what if I wasn't there and UPS left it? If you accept damaged stuff, I think you might me stuck with it :confused:).

Glad that it all worked out!

Just thought I'd share that when Fedex left a car seat at my door in a box so bashed up it was literally held together by tape, I had no trouble refusing it. The phone rep I talked to and carrier who picked it up were both awesome. The carrier did not know about car seats and said now that she knows, she wouldn't deliver one in that condition. Since they left it, I had not actually "accepted" it. I cannot guarantee this would always be the case depending on the rep, but it *should* be. :) On top of that, Walmart.com sent me a replacement immediately. I think they even shipped it expedited shipping. I don't expect much from walmart and it turned out, they were great.

poohbear

I think it depends upon what the definition of accident is. Does it mean there was a crash or it accidentally got left off a shipment... KWIM.

I called diapers.com and they said they would send me a replacement. I just feel badly doing this since I already got a deal I shouldn't have gotten in theory (45% off), however I don't mind having them pay shipping back and forth if the safety of the seat has been compromised. They notated my account. If the box looks like it's intact, is it okay to hang on to it, or should I get a replacement either way? They were not able to give me an exact answer other than all packages had to be diverted to IA...
ETA - Apparently it was an issue with the delivery company, not an accident, so my seat is fine! I feel better, plus I'd hate for diapers to have to waste $$ shipping both ways to me when they already honored the 45% off for me :)

Last edited:

msuarez919

If the box looks like it's intact, is it okay to hang on to it, or should I get a replacement either way? They were not able to give me an exact answer other than all packages had to be diverted to IA...
2 different reps from UPS told me that "TRANSPORTATION ACCIDENT OCCURRED" could mean a minor or major accident, a flat tire, or a broken down vehicle. But they couldn't tell me which. For me, it's safer to assume the worst and return the car seat for one that hasn't been compromised.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC