Tethering the GN in booster mode.

Baylor

The manual says not to tether or latch in booster mode.

I can not imagine having this huge seat as a projectile..

Is this something I can override?

ADS

MissAllyLou

No, when it is being used as a booster, it will be buckled in with the seatbelt as the child will be using it.

When the child is not in the seat, it should be buckled in with the seatbelt as if the child was in it, to prevent the seat from becoming a projectile.

When the manual says not to do something, then we shouldn't do it. :twocents:

Baylor

No, when it is being used as a booster, it will be buckled in with the seatbelt as the child will be using it.

When the child is not in the seat, it should be buckled in with the seatbelt as if the child was in it, to prevent the seat from becoming a projectile.

When the manual says not to do something, then we shouldn't do it. :twocents:

So no top tether either... okay.

MomToEliEm

I thought that the latest word from Graco was that it could be used with LATCH when in booster mode. At least it appears so by reading this post:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=132892

Graco was suppose to be coming out with a revised statement regarding it, though I don't know if it is available yet. If you call them, they should be able to give you an answer.

MissAllyLou

I could be wrong, but I thought thought they hadn't yet come out with an official stance, and therefore we were to abide by what our specific manuals for our specific seat said? I can't remember where I read that though, phooey.

Mae

I, too, remember that Graco finally said it was okay to LATCH (so lower anchors and top tether) in booster mode.

Maybe I'll give them a call today -- Off to do that. ETA: Duh, closed on Saturdays. :rolleyes:

hrice

I too was under the impression that you could use LATCH in booster mode. I would assume no to tethering though.

monstah

The problem is that reading here I get conflicting information.. I don't know what to do!

Since we have conflicting information - you should follow your manual until(if) Graco releases an official statement revising your car seat manual.

Baylor

Since we have conflicting information - you should follow your manual until(if) Graco releases an official statement revising your car seat manual.

Thanks! I will do that and when I have time call them or email them and see what they say. I will just have to be diligent.

Mae

Last I heard it was yes to both latch & tether in booster mode :confused:

Me too, but since Graco hasn't released an official statement about it yet, as techs, we have to encourage everybody to follow what their manual says. :)

You can always call Graco (if you have the manual that doesn't say you can LATCH in HBB mode) and see if they will allow you to LATCH it. :)

Graco's Contact Info:

Graco® Customer Support is available Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm EST.

800-345-4109 (US)
800-667-8184 (Canada)

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Me too, but since Graco hasn't released an official statement about it yet, as techs, we have to encourage everybody to follow what their manual says. :)

It's also fine to tell them what Graco has said in the past, and let them know that it's what we call a "parental decision" to use that info. Suggesting they contact the mfgr for confirmation is a good idea. :twocents:

Reactions: Mae

Baylor

Thanks. So what I decided today.. is to tether at the top but not use Lower latch belt. Until I can call. I was running to soccer and just at the last minute with all the information given here felt like that was a good option.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I could have sworn that there WAS an official statement from Graco about it.

ETA: There was a whole big thread (or two) about it...maybe a year ago? One of the guys was involved with it...Wineaux maybe? Several people got emails from Graco people (not customer service reps) stating that it was indeed ok.

Am I crazy? I swore this happened, but I have no idea how to search for it. (I mean, the specifics.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC