pre-order new Recaro

Melizerd

I saw someone mention it somewhere? Any info yet on where? Will it be in ANY stores? How do I find out if it will be in a store near me? (Wisconsin). I'm dying to find out as much as I can and I know some people have had contact with the company already.

I'm so worried I'll buy an MA and then wish I had gotten the Recaro. I'm hoping DS doesn't outgrow his infant seat before the Recaro is out so I can really decide.

ADS

momof2kiddos

I want one so bad but I have no need for one,mmmm maybe I do want a 3rd baby??:p Totally just kidding,I am happy with my two...:D

But nope I don't know where you can pre-order but I did read a post saying that you should:shrug-shoulders:

Melizerd

ya I'm thinking if I can actually get one pre-ordered I might do that instead of getting an MA but then I'm worried I'll pre-order it they'll be back ordered and I'll need a seat ASAP and not have one. UGH this is so frustrating. They need to release it already.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I saw someone mention it somewhere? Any info yet on where? Will it be in ANY stores? How do I find out if it will be in a store near me? (Wisconsin). I'm dying to find out as much as I can and I know some people have had contact with the company already.

I'm so worried I'll buy an MA and then wish I had gotten the Recaro. I'm hoping DS doesn't outgrow his infant seat before the Recaro is out so I can really decide.

I bought a Roundabout to tide me over till all the new bigger convertibles are available... it's the easiest to use convertible ever, and makes a great spare and travel seat in the future... (as usual, I'm the devil on your shoulder... the RA is just so much nicer than the Scenera for a second seat... :whistle: )

I can't wait for the new seats to come out, too...I'm hoping Leah fits in her SS1 till they do so I don't have to use my Radian rearfacing, lol.

Melizerd

I bought a Roundabout to tide me over till all the new bigger convertibles are available... it's the easiest to use convertible ever, and makes a great spare and travel seat in the future... (as usual, I'm the devil on your shoulder... the RA is just so much nicer than the Scenera for a second seat... :whistle: )

I can't wait for the new seats to come out, too...I'm hoping Leah fits in her SS1 till they do so I don't have to use my Radian rearfacing, lol.

lol, we only have one car so I can't really justify an extra seat right now. DH would kill me. I've had a hard enough time convincing him of the seats I'm interested in. Don't make it worse :D

I'm just going to have to hope that DS doesn't need a new seat before I can actually SEE the Recaro. Otherwise I'll get an MA and I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

Morganthe

This morning, I contacted a Recaro dealer in TX. I had an email back within 30 minutes. :D
It seems as If I'd repay them for shipping & then also pay for return shipping. Or I could just sell it if it doesn't work out for us :p
Since it's a small company, I think it's fair.

----- Original Message -----

To: jer@proamauto.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:18 AM
Subject: New Recaro Car seat -- Como / Signo

Greetings,
I am very interested in purchasing one of the higher end of the new Recaro child seats coming out in June/July: The Signo? that's supposed to be around $259. My 3 1/2 year old, 35lb & 41" tall daughter is quickly outgrowing her Maxi-Cosi Priori, so I'm seriously looking into a new seat to replace it. I have a spare carseat that I can use until the Recaro comes out, so I'm not desperate. It's just not that comfortable for long road trips.

Can you please contact me with the specifics of what you are going to carry? From what I understand, there's going to be a selection of fabric colors & material. Since I'm only going on what Recaro have told my fellow child seat enthusiasts, I"m hoping that it will suit my needs and have no problems with purchasing sight unseen.

I live over 6 hours away from Houston, so I wouldn't be able to look a seat over before purchasing. My Toyota Camry will have a top tether, but only fastens with the standard 3pt seatbelt -- no lower anchor system as in LATCH. I hope this car seat works well in my car, but I would also like to know what your return policies are in case it doesn't.

Any information you can provide will be helpful especially how you are going to handle the pre- order. Are you going to require a deposit or will signing me up on a list suffice?
Thank you

Reply:
---------------
Sounds like you are as up to speed on these seats as we are. RECARO has not released any more information to its dealers than what is currently shown on our website. I am compiling a list of pre-orders until the seats become available. We tried to pre-order the Como/Signo a few weeks ago, but RECARO is not accepting pre-orders from dealers yet.

I will keep this email in my pre-order interest file and will send you information as soon as it becomes available. Typically, we give you 30 days to return the seat with no penalty other than loss of actual freight charges we incur in our free freight offer. I think you will agree that is more than a fair deal.

Sincerely,
John Rawson
ProAm Auto Accessories
6125 Richmond Ave.
Houston, TX 77057
1-800-847-5712
www.proamauto.com

Kellyr2

Cool! I think I'll check and see if our local baby boutique carries Recaro, and if they do, I'll check into it as well. If not, I'll gladly order online and return if necessary. I kinda wanted to at least hear a review or two before buying, but if these things go as fast as expected, that may not be possible. Mikayla only has about a half inch left in the MA and has been eating constantly, so I know she's on the verge of a growth spurt, so my time is limited! So, yeah, I think I'll need to pre-order to make sure I can get one!

Kellyr2

Can someone review the differences between the como and signo? Or if anyone knows about what page on the other thread, it's discussed? I think we'll go for the signo, but not 100% sure.

Melizerd

"- 5lb-35lb RF, and 70lb FF limits
- TSIP
- 19" top slots
- built-in height adjustable TSIP on higher end model
- non-adjustable TSIP on cheaper version
- cheaper version will sell for $219, higher end version for $259

she also told me the following:

- RF TETHERABLE <--- w00t!
- about 25lb total weight
- designed specifically for US/canada markets (won't be sold in europe)
- higher end model will have a "luxurious" microfibre cover
- cheaper model will have a "durable" non-microfibre cover
- new cover colors, including a "girly" pattern (i'm sure the recaro engineers are cringing over this ... must be that north american market thing )"

Copied from SouthpawBoston's post on the first page of the other thread.

The Signo will have easier adjustable side wings with more settings I believe. Someone said that you have to take the cover off the Como and move the headrest from slot to slot and the Signo has a crank style that slides better.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I didn't want to post the pre-order number without checking directly with the lady who gave me the number. Evidently, she thought that I was a dealer... :p The general public cannot order directly from Recaro. Only a dealer can. So the thing to do would be to find a dealer who will place a pre-order. The lady who answered the phone for the number that I was given said she didn't know they were taking pre-orders but that if the lady at the corporate said they were, then she would take them from dealers. Only faxed orders, though. She did not give me the number but said the dealers would have it...

Melizerd

I just got an email back saying that if you want on the list they'll add you so that they can email you when pre-order information is available. So if you're interested in ordering one email and ask to be added to the list. They also stated that they will likely NOT be found in many stores so ordering online is our only option. You'd only be out shipping if you didn't like it.

Now I just have to figure out how I would know if it would fit in my car. Any ideas?

Heck if we all order together here we'd probably order enough seats to BE a dealer :D

arly1983

I just called my local baby store and she can't order recaro :( I am really shocked she has as wide a selection as she does...

Erika Ruth

My Local USA baby has the Recaro and the SafeGuard. So, I'm HOPING that they get them in, but since they are giving ONLINE retailers first dibs, I think I'll order from Marilyn...

But, I saw the SafeGuard and fell in love with it... I really did. If the Recaro works, I can't justify the safeGuard, but really, it is a GREAT seat. :)

Erika

Tara

ack
ok, so, now, um, confused hehe

I'm not aware of any snazzy boutiques in my area that might carry the Recaro. The BRU carries Britax and that's as good as it gets. How might I find out who/where carries the Recaro, or might.

In short...I'm still dying to find out just HOW to get my hands on this new Recaro seat when it comes out.

And yeah, I must say...with as many as there are of us here, we could all just come together and BE a dealer, yeah, sounds good ;)

Hmm how might I become/be considered a dealer ... hmmm *think think think* hehe

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC