1st Booster Ride

finn

ds went for his first ever ride in a booster today, he did so well, I was so proud of him :love:

He sat up straight, he didn't move out of position, he didn't reach for anything, he was awesome :)

We moved him into a Frontier (harnessed) in my car which he rides in 99.5% of the time, but I cant get a good install with it in any of the other 3 cars he very occasionally rides in. I always leave my car with them, with the Frontier in it (rather than a badly installed seat in their cars), but come april I wont be able to do that, so I thought I would see how he does in a booster, after reading cautionary stories on here I was worried he wouldn't be ready, but he was :)

I will however wait until he turns 4 before I let him go into a booster in anyone elses car. He'll be 18kgs/40 lbs by then (the booster I borrowed had a minimum weight of 15kg (33lbs). Its just nice to know that he did really well and in an emergency or when he is with them he will sit well in a booster & that my Mum, Dad or Brother can use it without having to know either how to install a seat or having a seat with a bad install in their car, or needing my car :)

Now I get to go booster shopping for the .5% of the time he will be in someone elses car.

oh and I really need to update my siggy:)

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I understand where your coming from, really I do. Sometimes the best option is not best practice. My DS, who wasn't even ffing in my car yet, rode in a booster for a little over a week when he was 3.

But just as a warning for what will probably follow....you put on your flameproof gear, right?

Baylor

Glad he did so well. We had our first booster day today too!!
Kinds of breaks my heart.. They grow so fast.

finn

But just as a warning for what will probably follow....you put on your flameproof gear, right?

lol this made me chuckle :) yes its all on and ready to go :)

I figure I'll be ok, he's been rf (in pretty much every car he's ever been in) until 3 years 9 months, he is harnessed 99.5% of the time and will be until he is 5, he'll just be in a booster from age 4 .5% of the time, who can really argue with that?

3acorns4Christy

You know, my DS rode in a booster as well. That is what we put in my moms truck when they want to take him somewhere. They aren't cordinated enough to buckle him properly, they can do Sophia but Joel's buckles are hard. So he's in the booster. Sometimes the best you can do is simply the best you can do, yes I could spend a ton of money for a once in a while seat but I can't afford that luxery.

ginny4

that's kinda the decision i had to make. tho my son is a tiny bit older. you gotta do the best you can with what you are given sometimes.

Chely7425

I agree with everyone else... I have a FF 2.5 year old because it was the only way to keep everyone (including adult passengers) safe in my car. If he was a smaller kid I would have bought a new seat for him to RF but he is pretty much AT the weight limit of any other seat that would work there. He is safe and sits properly, so no flames here :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC