Britax made in China?

goodliffj

Is this new? Our Parkway just arrived and the box says made in China. I'm pretty sure that our Marathon and Frontiers said made in the USA on the boxes when they arrived.

ADS

tam_shops

Where is the Radian made? or should I say where was it made?

Where'd you find it on the box? Can check mine downstairs in the morning, it's outside...

tam

Mingie

CPST Instructor
I remember reading that the parkway and chaperone were indeed made in China and that the Britax convertibles and Frontier were made in the U.S.

And yes the Radian is made in china also.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The chaperone is definitely assembled in China. The infant/child seats and the frontier are made from parts of multiple origins and assembled in the US.

I'm guessing if the parkway says made in China that it's assembled there as well.

Radian is made in China too.

Remember that quality control in terms of parts and assembly procedure is more important than where an item is assembled. It's possible to have a shoddy north American made product and a high quality Chinese product even if it may not be super common. :thumbsup: (not referring to any products or brands in specific, just saying that it's about the company and their quality control procedures, not so much where a product come from)

tam_shops

My Radian XT box says something like Assembled in the US, some parts made in the US, others made foreign. It also has some Spanish on the box, not sure if that's b/c they just put French, English & Spanish on the box so they only need one. I got French/English instructions.

Got to wonder why it doesn't have to say, China or Mexico to define where it's made...

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC