Which seats do your FF find most comfortable?

Cryssy Jane

Title says all. O will squeak every little millimeter out of the RN, and then will be flipped FF. I've heard about major head slump in radians so I'm trying to see what the majority of FF feel is most comfortable.

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

My answer is useless to you but DD2 loves her Young Sport for FF (not that there is a RF option :p). She'll only sit in the RN if forced, lately.

Cryssy Jane

No such thing as a useless answer :) every little bit helps. I've only had one ff child in my care and he was booster training so this is relatively uncharted territory for me.

I do know the only way I could put him in the center would be third row which renders the cargo area useless otherwise it's outboard tethered in a captains chair if that makes a difference at all.

Keeanh

I have rather limited experience with car seats available today -- my previous round of car seats was bought in '04. But here it is: head slump in the Regal Ride (aka Scenera). 6yo slept perfectly in the TF yesterday on a 5hr trip. 4yo absolutely loves her MyRide and sleeps in it ALL THE TIME, like on a 5 minute trip she's zonked. MOST comfortable is probably Britax something, LOL. But if you're okay with the recline on the MyRide, definitely no slump there. Sorry, haven't tried any combo seats since the Century Breverra and Evenflo Express and those were headslump disasters.

Lemonade

We've been super happy with the FR80s we own. No head slump when sleeping on the long trip to the grandparents (5-6hrs).

VoodooChile

Dd said she liked the Marathon (older one, 33 lb version) okay as long as it was upright (she's not much of a car sleeper), but she likes the Frontier better, since it has more leg support (I'm paraphrasing).

kittykate

O loves his Frontier(80) and has no head slump, but he also likes his ff Radian80 (no head slump there either).

He had major head slump and "boy part" pinching in the Nautilus.

scoutingbear

C has preferred his radian over the GN (and he has a LOT less head slump in it). However, if you ask him outright, he will tell you the GN because he can buckle himself and it has a cupholder. :rolleyes: But his actions show us he finds the radian more comfy.

firemomof3

My kids love their Radian XTs ff. They also loved the Young Sport, FR80 & FR85. My kids do get head slump in the GN and my DS was also getting a little pinched in the crotch area so he uses the Triumph65 which has lots of room.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
My all time favorite FFing seat is the Frontier. It's got great leg support for little or big kids (even my 4'9" almost 10 year old finds it super comfy), perfect natural recline (not too reclined, but no head slump either), it's easy to use, easy to adjust and has adequate cup holders!

We loved the GN initially, but after the newness wore off ds *hated* the GN and I sold it after just a few months.

tiggercat

C has preferred his radian over the GN (and he has a LOT less head slump in it). However, if you ask him outright, he will tell you the GN because he can buckle himself and it has a cupholder. :rolleyes: But his actions show us he finds the radian more comfy.

:yeahthat: Megan has major head slump in the Nauti, but her legs don't go numb on long rides. The Radian XT is good for sleeping, but it makes her legs and lower back hurt. I'm debating getting her something else, but not sure (ok I know I can't) if I can justify it...

skipspin

My answer is useless to you but DD2 loves her Young Sport for FF (not that there is a RF option :p). She'll only sit in the RN if forced, lately.

Love mine too. Never had a head slump and inch no matter what. Very portective. Really, I wish I could sleep in that think on trips. It just looks heavenly.

I'm hoping the new version is just as great.

Mingie

CPST Instructor
DD#1 loved her MA for sleeping. But now that she has outgrown that she seems very comfy in her Frontier and never complains. She can sleep well in it. Her head slumps badly in the RN and the Nauti.

Spam

A hasn't complained in any seat too much really, but no headslump in the Prosport or FR85, he also rides in gn in gmas about twice a week fine too. I love the deep sides of the prosport. He also rode without any problems in the Maestro prior to the recall.

karlatta

My DS likes the Nautilus better. I think a big part of it is the buckle and cupholder. DS2 always wants to ride in it, too.

My DD likes the Radian the best. She never gets head slump in it, either.

chasingboys

Didn't mean to thank the previous poster...sorry I was on my iPhone.

We love the FR85!! The Nautilus was awful headslump wise!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I dont think my kids care much about comfort. KAte did HATE the frontier though and would beg for her Nauti. She liked her vision also. i think the CA is comfy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC