Tomorrow I will be the new owner of a mystery seat...Let's guess.....

mykidsmylife

Tomorrow I will be the new owner of a mystery seat!!!!!!!!!PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH's work buddy put an ad up that they had a free car seat. I jumped on it. They have no kids living at home anymore so I knew it was either a really old seat or something someone gave them.

They are bringing it tomorrow morning. She said it was in the garage for 2 years and is dirty. It was given to them to be used when they driver kids around.

She knows nothing about it, no specs, NOTHING...

So let's guess. What seat do you think I will be the owner of?

I am HOPING it is a European seat but I am guessing it is maybe a Cosco Scenera or Century Breverra!

Anyone else? Mad props if you get it b/c I have NO info on it....

Last edited:
ADS

mykidsmylife

I hope it is European. I have really want to try installing a German seat in my van. I have only done the infant seats..

sunnymw

Two guesses

If it's old I'll guess Touriva or Century OHS.

If it's newer I'll guess the standard Cosco HBB or Dorel variations on it.

mykidsmylife

I can't wait. I just hope I can keep a straight face no matter what it is. She has no idea my intentions with this seat as she thinks it will be used in dh's car.

mykidsmylife

Expires 2012. I was surprised that the harness was so straight and everything was routed correctly.
It reeks of smoke. I am gutting it and washing all parts then donating it to the CPSTI for future courses.

I was also surprised that Seth could still fit in it.

Last edited:

Baylor

I hate when kids things smell of smoke. I love your son's hair.. Trying to let my little one grow his too!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC