seat probs long post

RYLANSMOM

I wrote here awhile back about my son in his new gn and how much he didn't like it. The straps bugged him a lot and he couldn't get comfortable. I put the strap cover on and I thought the problem was fixed but he just doesn't look or act as comfortable as he was in his efta. I just love love love that seat. I don't know if I should just let him wait it out and grow into it or if I should get something in the meantime. I just weighed him and he only weighs 27.5 lbs haven't measured him yet and he is now sleeping but he is longer in the legs than the torso. He is riding in the efta in dads truck as the gn will not for in his backseat. I am torn on this. I wanted to love the gn but the straps drive me crazy not only does he say they are to tight when its on properly but for whatever reason the crotch strap I always have to dig for and I have to make sure my son is sitting all the way back and straight and hurry to buckle him before he moves. My seat isn't reclined and still have this issue. Since he loves and I love the efta I thought about the ef symphony 65 but that is more than I was wanting to spend. A friend let me have the ef generations but that seat is a joke. I mean if worse came to worse I could put that back in dads truck for now and use the efta in my car...but that's not as fun as a new seat lol.

ADS

Baylor

I wrote here awhile back about my son in his new gn and how much he didn't like it. The straps bugged him a lot and he couldn't get comfortable. I put the strap cover on and I thought the problem was fixed but he just doesn't look or act as comfortable as he was in his efta. I just love love love that seat. I don't know if I should just let him wait it out and grow into it or if I should get something in the meantime. I just weighed him and he only weighs 27.5 lbs haven't measured him yet and he is now sleeping but he is longer in the legs than the torso. He is riding in the efta in dads truck as the gn will not for in his backseat. I am torn on this. I wanted to love the gn but the straps drive me crazy not only does he say they are to tight when its on properly but for whatever reason the crotch strap I always have to dig for and I have to make sure my son is sitting all the way back and straight and hurry to buckle him before he moves. My seat isn't reclined and still have this issue. Since he loves and I love the efta I thought about the ef symphony 65 but that is more than I was wanting to spend. A friend let me have the ef generations but that seat is a joke. I mean if worse came to worse I could put that back in dads truck for now and use the efta in my car...but that's not as fun as a new seat lol.

Hey these girls are great and will totally help you! How old is he?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
There are guys here too. ;-) Like the founder of the board, for one.

He's three.

If he's got long legs and a short torso and he's 27.5 pounds, why not put him rear facing in the EFTA and maybe get another one of those? The Symphony's top slots are lower than the EFTA and Nautilus, and it's not a terribly tall booster.

At three and 27.5 pounds, though, I don't know much more growing into the seat he can do. I mean, he'll get bigger, but it's not like you're putting an 11 month old in there and waiting for him to hit the bottom slots. He should be well into the seat by now.

Have you looked at the Maestro if you want to keep him forward? It's narrower than the Nautilus and may fit your bill, including your budget, better.

Wendy

sunnymw

If you're looking for an Evenflo you could try the Maestro... $80 or so and has really high top slots... but keep the GN for use as a booster because the Maestro is outgrown in booster mode at the same times as harness mode.

I had numerous complaints about DS1 and his GN, he always wanted to ride backwards in the EFTA again. So we got him a Radian and he loves it (he just wanted to RF... at four yrs old... lol). It wasn't that the GN hurt his butt (I'm sure it did... sometimes he says the RN does too... but he will ride in the RN instead of pitching an all out screaming fit with the GN. ) it was the orientation of the seat.

RYLANSMOM

thanks! I will have to look into it. I just haven't found a.seat that I love as much as efta. I really wanted to love the gn. And maybe I will eventually...the whole thing for him is getting used to is that it sits straight up and down where as the efta curves with his body. And to be honest I never knew about erf until he was already forward facing and had been for some time. I can always try him rf again and see how he does. He may like it. It just won't happen in dads truck. Not to mention the efta I have only OS rf to 30 lbs I believe it is one of the first ones they made. And I don't think it will fit in his dads truck rf. I will for sure keep the gn as family is always picking him up and it is a safe seat. I will go look at some of the other seats.this week.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
If your EFTA only RF to 30 pounds, are you sure it isn't expired? I thought only the original Triumph (not advance) RF to 30 and all the EFTA RF to 35 pounds.

There will be a white sticker on the bottom of the seat with a date of manufacture.

My dd (3 1/2) rode FF from age 2 until almost 3. I didn't have a seat that she would fit into RF. I found a great deal on an EFTA and switched her back to RF. She loves it! She's now been RF for about 8 months again.

RYLANSMOM

Maybe its 35 because the seat is only 2 yrs old maybe 2 and a half...I bought it new when my son had outgrown the carrier. I will check the manual...I've been researching so many car seats I'm getting weight limits confused...sorry

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
There are guys here too. ;-) Like the founder of the board, for one.

He's three.

LOL, for a second I thought you were saying the founder of the board is 3. I was like, "Wow, that's one smart 3-year-old."

But back on track... The Nautilus usually works great for people, but now and then there's a kid who just HATES it.

I agree that at 27 lbs and with a short torso, you've got lots of options. I normally wouldn't recommend a convertible for a forward-facing kid, but if you think he wants more recline, check the Graco MyRide. Or the PPs mentioned some other good possibilities.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC