My Review of the Harmony High-back booster

firemomof3

So I got the Harmony Dreamtime Comfort booster:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Harmony-Juvenile-Dreamtime-Comfort-Booster-Car-Seat-Pink/10992658
Here is what I found;
Price is $49
Lowest head rest position 14.5"
Highest is 19"
NO impact foam :(
Manual is very easy reading and everything was explained great. The cover is easy to take on/off, belt guides are bigger and allow the seat belt to retract easily and there is a little hook that keeps the seat belt in the guide :thumbsup:
The booster was really tricky to put together, takes a lot of force. But once together, it was lightweight and didn't fall apart when picked up (like the TB sometimes does). It nestled into my captains seat like it was made for it :love: I'm not sure about the cup holders, the arm rests get in the way :confused: The booster provides great leg support. I will post pics of kids in the booster as soon as Photobucket resizes them
Harmonybooster012.jpg

Harmonybooster014.jpg

Harmonybooster031.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

MomToEliEm

The carseat measurements/data spreadsheet is still missing all the information on this booster. If you have time, do you think you could gather some of the measurements off your seat and submit them? If so, here is the link to submit your data:
Dedicated Booster Submission Form

firemomof3

I read the manual cover to cover and I didn't see anything about having to have support behind the head rest.
I have tons of pics of kids in this booster and it provides a great fit. But photobucket is being very slow today so my pics are huge :rolleyes:

christineka

I read the manual cover to cover and I didn't see anything about having to have support behind the head rest.
I have tons of pics of kids in this booster and it provides a great fit. But photobucket is being very slow today so my pics are huge :rolleyes:

I sometimes resize the pics on the computer, then upload them again. It is faster than the photobucket editor.

firemomof3

OK here we go :D
This pic shows how there is no impact foam :( but the sides are nice and deep:
Harmonybooster018.jpg

Harmonybooster021.jpg

Harmonybooster026.jpg

DD2 is 4.5y/o 33lbs. 42" tall with 14" torso. She is on the 2nd height setting. She said the booster was very comfortable and besides the shoulder belt being placed a little too close to her neck was great
Harmonybooster022.jpg

Harmonybooster025.jpg

Harmonybooster023.jpg

Harmonybooster024.jpg

ericarizo

Page 15 of the Manual:

USING YOUR HARMONY BOOSTER CAR SEAT WITH BACKREST.

Place the booster seat firmly against the back of a forward-facing vehicle seat in a position equipped with a vehicle shoulder-and-lap belt and headrest.

Page 18 of the Manual:

USING YOUR HARMONY BOOSTER CAR SEAT WITHOUT BACKREST.

Place the booster seat firmly against the back of a forward-facing vehicle seat in a position equipped with a vehicle shoulder-and-lap belt and headrest.

nevaehsmommy

She is built like my Issabella. The fit looks good on her. Is the belt being so close to her neck a safety concern or more "eww this hurts my neck" I could see it leaving a nice mark in a crash?

Baylor

Page 15 of the Manual:

So it does have to have headrest support. Thanks!

Chameleon

She is built like my Issabella. The fit looks good on her. Is the belt being so close to her neck a safety concern or more "eww this hurts my neck" I could see it leaving a nice mark in a crash?

It's going to leave a mark regardless in a crash. Having it closer to the neck is not a concern, and actually I prefer it that way, so that I know it's not going to slip off the shoulder.

firemomof3

Lets try again with a pic:
Next model is 7y/o 51" tall w/17.5" torso. She is on the top slots.
Harmonybooster027.jpg

Harmonybooster028.jpg

Next model is 7y/o 51" tall w/18" torso and she has just about outgrown it by height.
*I do have permission to post pics of this child by her mother*
Harmonybooster029.jpg

Harmonybooster030.jpg

Harmonybooster033.jpg

In backless booster mode:
Harmonybooster032.jpg

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
From what I've read, once or twice, or heard at LifeSavers, blow-molded plastic like that meets the head safety standards (compression/deflection or something?) very well without EPS/EPP foam (one of the designers of the Husky was surprised they had added EPS to it, actually, as it had performed so well originally without it...and once Combi was quite adamant one of their seats met good head protection standards without foam)...so I might not worry too much about that.

Thanks so much for the pictures! :thumbsup::love:

firemomof3

Sorry it took me so long;
Here is the literider next to the dreamtime backless. They both measure about 16.25" across the widest point. But as you can see, the dreamtime is molded in the seat area, has more leg support and the armrests don't flair out:
Harmony001.jpg

Harmony002.jpg

Here it is in my 3 across. It works well. Though a MyRide or a Britax convertible fits better than the Scenera because of the base.
Harmony003.jpg

Harmony005.jpg

DahliaRW

Thanks. I haven't found a hbb that works in dh's vehicle (the literider does). I may have to see if I can try this one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC