Question about car seat deals...

Baylor

you know when they offer the bring in a seat and get 20% off a new one??

Do you think I could bring in just the shell and get the discount? I am wondering because I have that booster in my shed that I refuse to throw out because I am afraid someone will try and rescue it from the trash. But I know someone who will need a new car seat and does not have a lot of money. I would love to be able to give it to her or even take her to buy a new one and use it.

What do you think?

ADS

Mae

There are also members who will scavenge garage sales for car seats and talk the owner down (expired, missing parts, etc) and then will take that $5 garage sale deal and bring it into the sale. Sure, you've spent $5, but you are still saving 20% off a brand new seat.

Cryssy Jane

There are also members who will scavenge garage sales for car seats and talk the owner down (expired, missing parts, etc) and then will take that $5 garage sale deal and bring it into the sale. Sure, you've spent $5, but you are still saving 20% off a brand new seat.

:whistle: I've been known to do this :whistle: Gets a nasty seat off the road and gives the potential for a new one. The last two BRU trade ins, I've given away my coupon to someone in the store because I didn't *need* it. I think the trade in events are great since they do get a lot of expired and recalled seats out of rotation.

Mae

Do they accept boosters for the trade in?

Yep. :thumbsup:

ETA: From an old email about the BRU Trade In, they allow you to turn in the following for a coupon:

Car seat
Stroller
Travel Systems
High Chair
Play yard
Bassinet
Crib
Toddler Bed

I'd imagine that car seat means any type of car seat. Same with stroller -- a big fancy one, or an umbrella stroller.

Mae

:whistle: I've been known to do this :whistle: Gets a nasty seat off the road and gives the potential for a new one. The last two BRU trade ins, I've given away my coupon to someone in the store because I didn't *need* it. I think the trade in events are great since they do get a lot of expired and recalled seats out of rotation.

Exactly! :)

Baylor

Yep. :thumbsup:

ETA: From an old email about the BRU Trade In, they allow you to turn in the following for a coupon:

Car seat
Stroller
Travel Systems
High Chair
Play yard
Bassinet
Crib
Toddler Bed

I'd imagine that car seat means any type of car seat. Same with stroller -- a big fancy one, or an umbrella stroller.

Thanks and great tip about the yard sales.. I saw an ANCIENT one the other day at a flea market but was just driving by and could not stop..

nevaehsmommy

And just when would the next great trade event be? I have a rescued evenflo something or other just waiting in the shed.

OT I played with it and really is cool. Has this button this that allowed for different recline while still on a base. Well you know I am easily amused.

Mae

And just when would the next great trade event be? I have a rescued evenflo something or other just waiting in the shed.

I just called BRU and they said they don't have the date picked, however, they will probably do it around the same time as this year, so she was thinking between February and March. :thumbsup:

Baylor

I just called BRU and they said they don't have the date picked, however, they will probably do it around the same time as this year, so she was thinking between February and March. :thumbsup:

Thanks!! I will look out for it!

Keeanh

OT I played with it and really is cool. Has this button this that allowed for different recline while still on a base. Well you know I am easily amused.

See this is the new problem, LOL. I have a Century Breverra Sport that was in good condition (but expired) when I took it from my mom's basement. Now it's getting all gross and dirty in the shed because I might want to trade it in. If it wasn't for BRU, it would have been trashed long ago, but no, now I have a nasty seat :rolleyes:.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC