how many do you know irl who ERF

mumof2

I only know one mum who does this..I have yet to see another child older than 12 months RF.

i would go so far as to say that I am 99% sure my daughter is the only one at her daycare older than 12 months that is still rearfacing.

I tell you I will get excited the day I see a child over 12 months still rearfacing...heck even 2 years.

ADS

firemomof3

I know of 3 so far; my best friend still has her 3y/o rf in a new Radian XTSL in shadow :love: and her 13mo. is rf in a blvd.
Another friend just turned her 2y/o ff but she originally was going to ff at 1y/o but I convinced her to wait till at least 2y/o :rolleyes:
Third is daycare kiddo :)

hrice

2 going on 3(baby is a noob but mama plans on ERF till 4). All due to my convincing;) I am working on my SIL who is pg with her first. I tried with my other SIL but they are just lazy and stupid and unwilling.

One of my good friends ERF'd for 3 mos until her son's legs were "cramped" in his Blvd. I have tried to convince her to turn him back. He is now 2y3m so I don't think it's happening. But they are TTC so maybe with the next baby. She is hung up on him "already being FF." I hate that excuse!

Ninetales

I know one person for sure who ERFs. I don't think I count yet, since my baby is only eight months, but I intend to ERF. I don't see any other babies regularly so I'm not sure about them.

nevaehsmommy

2- but I dont know if they count. They are both VERY TINY 2 year olds.

One is my sisters, the other is a little guy at church who is 2 weeks older then Issabella. We have a shared FNP and while she does not advocate ERF she advocates doing your own research and coming up with your own conclusion. She refuses to answer if it is alright to FF your child

urchin_grey

Three. Both of my sisters (the two who have children) and a friend of one of those sisters. Only one of the 3 is technically ERF'ing now because the other two have infants. But I know they are planning on it. 3yo nephew is in a MR, 10mo nephew is in a Coccoro with a Radian XTSL on standby (and he'll need it too because he's already 23lbs), and friend's baby is 9mo and in a MR as well. I talked her into the MR when they were on sale at Walmart and she loves it. :D

katiesmommy

My mom, but uh, she doesn't have any babies anymore since my brother is 10 now. And possibly my bff since I showed her that her baby wasn't screaming because he wanted to forward face, he was screaming because he didn't like his infant seat. We moved him to a Radian. But he won't be one till December 11th, so we'll see after that.

msg221

Of the babies that are over a year old and over 20 lbs., I know of five. My twin godchildren who are 2.5, my grandson E who is 27 months and my twin grandchildren, K & O, who are 15 months. All of them are because of my influence! My godchildren were FF for about 2 months just after they turned 2, but after I became certified and talked to my friend again, she and her DH asked for help turning their seats back around RF! :D And I know that my youngest grandson C will be ERF so I am not worried about him at all.

I hope that I will be able to encourage my next door neighbor to. Right now her twin boys are only 3 months. I'm sure she will be open to it as she already said she'd get with me when she needs to buy convertibles. Thankfully I've seen no misuse so far. We sometimes arrive home from work at the same time and I've helped her carry one of the babies in the house and they have always been strapped in properly! :thumbsup: I also hope I can convince two of my friends/co-workers who have babies under a year to ERF.

twinsmom

None. But hopefully I convinced my neighbor with her new baby. We'll see when he turns one. When I gave her all the info, she actually said that the local fire department who installed her infant seat told her about ERF.:thumbsup:

love-pink

im the only one i know in my local area. most kids i see dont even make it to a year before the parents flip them ffing. when we were walking on halloween i did see a car pass with rfing ra50, the little girl looked to be around a year old. but who knows if shes even from around here.

i did sell my rn on my local cl but the girl who bought it had a ffing baby looking to be just over one in a graco safeseat 2/cozy cline. i did mention that the rn rfed to 45lbs but she said she just wanted it to get a 3 across when the her new baby is born. :rolleyes:

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
All the ones I know, I've met through here (except for Sarah...but we got reconnected due to CS.org)!!! No one I know outside of here, practices it. Even with all the info I throw at them...they are going to do what ever they want because SOMEONE somewhere told them something else, and it's 'easier' or whatever, so they must be right and I'm the nut job.

cpsaddict

Three. Both of my sisters, but one only made it to 22mths with her kiddo. The other made it to 26mths. My friend made it to almost two with both her DD's.

Melanie

DCK went till 2 RF in parents car. That's not as ERF as I like, but better than the standard.

Just her and my RFer are the only ones I know :( I always hope someone will ask when I'm loading and unloading DD at preschool. She's 3 1/2.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
ZERO :thumbsdown:

I am lucky to see kids still RF at 1... I knew a girl who had her DS FF at 4 months, because "what if he spits up?" Nothing would change her mind, we no longer speak. I just can't, it makes me so sick that she is that ignorant.

Kiss Me Deadly

None. I've even commented to some that it's actually ILLEGAL to FF before 1 year, and they won't even listen to that, let alone consider anything else. I knew one other mom who talked about it, but didn't actually put it into practice once their child passed the 1 year mark!

moxy

Almost everyone I know.
The majority of my friends ERF, with the exception for a few. One of my good friends just turned her 3 y/o twins because they reached the limits for their True fits. Most of my other friends have radians and their children are between 2 and 3. My one SIL has my 20 month old niece rf'ing in a TF, but she's getting a radian soon. My other SIL though has terrible carseat use and it aggrivates me..but of course when I try to talk to her about it, I have no idea what I'm talking about. As far as I know the few cousins I have with babies have them still rf'ing(just turned 1 a couple weeks ago) I'm not sure if it's because they just haven't switched them or if it's because they know I'll never stop telling them to turn their tiny ones back rf'ing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC