Radian XT - head wings

Mrs Mark

Hi I was wondering if I could get the opinion of some techs about this. I bought a Radian XT for my 2003 Corolla. I adjusted it so that the harness straps and harness buckle are in the correct slots. My problem is with the Side Impact Head Support. (And I haven't installed the seat yet - wish me luck!)

Note: the Head Support appears to be at an angle. It does not appear level but I have not measured it. Not sure if this is important? It is a brand new car seat I bought from a Canadian retailer that I purchased from and it arrived in the mail. There is also a small dent in the aluminum side bar one side. I forgot to take a picture of it but I will be calling SK tomorrow to see if this is a problem. The only thing I could find about the dented aluminum side bar was when I googled it was someone else had this problem and posted it here, and called SK who said it was no problem.

The manual says the proper height when using the top three harness slots: "position head support so that bottom edge is just above the shoulder." I need to use the third harness slot for DD so I have moved the Head Support as low as it will go. But it still looks too high and I'm not sure if she's tall enough. The pictures are taken in the house (seat is not installed yet) and haven't put the base on yet. Install will be Thursday or Friday so I'm sure I'll have more questions then!

DD is nine months old, 28 inches (71 cm) and 23 pounds (10.45 kg). She is busting out of her Graco SnugRide 32. We plan to keep her rear facing as long as the Radian will safely allow.

Thanks so much.

Here is the shoulder harness which is the closet but not over her shoulder.
PB101542.jpg

PB101543.jpg

The Head Support made as low as possible but doesn't sit "just above the shoulders":
PB101544.jpg

For reference, here is the Head Support as high as it will go:
PB101539.jpg

ADS

featherhead

The headwings should definitely go higher, and possibly lower too. What I would do is pull back the top part of the cover so you can see the track the headwings move along. Then you should be able to see if they can go lower and higher.

canadiangie

Yes. Pull the cover back and have a good look at the overall design of the seat. Slide the wings up and down along the tracks so you get a good feel for how the seat works.

In terms of how your [super adorable!] dd looks in the seat, if that's as low as the headeings will go I would feel fine using the seat that way. Her head is actually quite contained.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC