s/o Kiddy / laptop style boosters

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

I've been eyeballing that seat for far too long and.. best thing, DH said I can get even if DD2 is ridicously close to the weight limit for the sheild :eek: :D :D
I never got my multitech so this will be second best.

I was wondering, if they are bringing Capt Sharky does that mean Princess Lillifee will be coming over too? Because I am not sure I want the purple if they are taking off the white applique.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
What I really want them to do, is approve the shield with lap belt only to 50 or 60 lbs.

I'd buy 3. LOL.

skylinphoto

Dh said I could get one too even if my ds is super close to the limit. lol.
(even if he didnt say i could, i would be clicking "place order" when the time comes anyway!)

I am massively excited to see this seat being released in the US.

I agree it's a shame that they will be stealing the pretty flower applique from the seat. :(

Aurezalia

I LOVE the idea of these as they're supposed to reduce neck loads. HOWEVER, it's no use to me if you can only use the shield to 40lbs as I plan on still rear-facing them at that weight. If they could up the weight limits to 60lbs, it'd be perfect!

Cryssy Jane

I find it interesting as well. I like the idea but I'm a little more curious about frontal crash impact and would like to see more videos and such.

Eta. Oops guess that's what I get for starting a response on one thread, switching threads in my brain and continuing conversation then hitting submit without re-reading.

Last edited:

NVMBR02

I am pretty excited about this seat too. With a sheild that only goes to 40 pounds it wont work for my older two (they are both 40 pounds now) but my youngest is a lightweight. My oldest just hit 40 pounds last spring and dd2 is lighter than she was and gaining very slowly. I am hoping this will be the perfect seat for us when she is 4-6 and only 36-37 pounds like my oldest was. :thumbsup:

christineka

I think it would be great! I'd love to have one for my skinny minnie who will soon be 6 and only 35 pounds. I just don't think it's likely that 1) it would fit in my van and 2) that I could swallow the price.

I think seats for lap-belt only positions are needed, but they'd have to be low cost. Also, the whole shield thing for forward facing young kids is also needed. So many people will not erf for a variety of reasons and most people only want the least expensive car seat they can find.

Aurezalia

I find it interesting as well. I like the idea but I'm a little more curious about frontal crash impact and would like to see more videos and such. I could see how head excursion could go down, but umm wouldn't arms then become a projectile?

Wait... I'm confused, what do you mean about arms becoming a projectile? They're not strapped down in a 5 pt harness, or well, any other child restraint. Why would they become a projectile in this seat?

Evolily

The thing that worries me about higher weights is that as torso height increases it appears head excursion will increase (just my non-professional physics understanding). I wonder if they could engineer larger shields for larger children- perhaps having one shield that goes from 20-40 lbs, and another presumably larger one that goes from 35-65 lbs. Or having torso height limits.

Mae

Wait... I'm confused, what do you mean about arms becoming a projectile? They're not strapped down in a 5 pt harness, or well, any other child restraint. Why would they become a projectile in this seat?

That's ... basically what I was thinking.

No matter how the child is restrained; booster, 5-point harness, 3-point harness, etc -- their arms are still going to fly forward.

Cryssy Jane

Read the edit. Sorry I was posting on two different threads but forgot to switch windows. /facepalm

AtTheSouthDam

The thing that worries me about higher weights is that as torso height increases it appears head excursion will increase (just my non-professional physics understanding). I wonder if they could engineer larger shields for larger children- perhaps having one shield that goes from 20-40 lbs, and another presumably larger one that goes from 35-65 lbs. Or having torso height limits.

That has crossed my mind too (fortunately my child has a lack of torso to go with lack of weight :cool:). I think that may play into the topping the weight limit at 40#. After all, Sunshine kids seems to think we can't handle having two different boots for two differently aged kids :rolleyes:

I honestly, really just want to play with one. I had one of the old shield booster 10 years ago and I want to see what is different and all that. I am very, very curious.

nevaehsmommy

I have only just heard of these. It kinda reminds me of a seat my brother had as a toddler.

Question1 How much does it weigh? The actual seat.
Question2 Can you use it with a lap/shoulder belt?

Joddle

I wouldn't use it for a child the size of the smalled kid in that video! Doesn't look very comfortable. The larger child looks fine though :)

Evolily

That has crossed my mind too (fortunately my child has a lack of torso to go with lack of weight :cool:). I think that may play into the topping the weight limit at 40#. After all, Sunshine kids seems to think we can't handle having two different boots for two differently aged kids :rolleyes:

I honestly, really just want to play with one. I had one of the old shield booster 10 years ago and I want to see what is different and all that. I am very, very curious.

And if that's the case, do they have standing height limits? Or "shield may be used in headrest position 1 & 2"? Because there are some children who are 40 lbs with gigantic torsos- granted, they are in the minority, but they do exist.

AtTheSouthDam

And if that's the case, do they have standing height limits? Or "shield may be used in headrest position 1 & 2"? Because there are some children who are 40 lbs with gigantic torsos- granted, they are in the minority, but they do exist.

Well... from skimming the manual online (which is written in absolutely no languages I speak; Portuguese, Czechoslovakian. Italian, Hungarian, Finish, Russian, Chinese and Turkish. Seriously?! I thought they sold this thing in Germany, Netherlands, France and the UK. I can muddle my way through those!!)

It appears it has a seat pad for months or weight (I am leaning towards months of age.) It has three setting, one for the smallest, one for in between and removed for the largest. That may be some of your answer.

mykidsmylife

I have only just heard of these. It kinda reminds me of a seat my brother had as a toddler.

Question1 How much does it weigh? The actual seat. They are not very heavy, maybe 20lbs...
Question2 Can you use it with a lap/shoulder belt?
Yes they are designed to be used with lap/shoulder belts

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC