Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Name of grey SKJP grey from 2006/2007?

Anyone know what the name of the grey pads were from 2006/2007? Thought it was Granite but have another pillow that did not come w/ it but was bought awhile later & it doesn't match, so I think maybe that's their Granite.

Also, was this seat the same as the current Radian 65? Will the pads fit?

thanks!

tam

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Name of grey SKJP grey from 2006/2007?

There's Granite & Supercool; those are both the grey ones.

While it's not the same seat as the current Radian 65, it will still fit the newest Radian 65 (called the Radian 65SL).

There were some changes, and the SL in the name stands for SuperLATCH. This allows you to use LATCH to the car seat's weight limit rather than the vehicle's weight limit, as long as the vehicle was manufactured after September 1, 2005. Make sure that you're looking at the manu date, not the model year. Often times, even if the car is an '05 model, it may have been manufactured in '04. To see your DOM, it's on the inside sticker of the driver's side door, along with how much air should be in your tires.

The 65 you have now (had?), if it was manufactured in '06/'07, then the rear facing weight limit is only 33lbs. The new Radian 65SL's have a rear facing weight limit of 40 lbs.

But like I said, while there are some changes to the seat, the shape and mold of the seat is still the same, so the covers are still interchangeable.

Edited to Add:

When you say the "pads", are you talking shoulder pads? Or like, infant padding? The Granite cover did not come with infant padding, but the Supercool did. The Granite was made for the Radian65, but the Supercool was made for the Radian80 (although, again, they are all interchangeable). All of the covers come with shoulder pads though, which are still interchangeable.

Edited to Add, Again:

It was brought to my attention that you are from Canada, so some of my information is a bit off. The weight limits for car seats differ in the US to Canada, so I'm hoping somebody can clear this up for you.

I'm pretty sure the rest still stands, though, just ignore weight limits & names of the seat. I don't think Canada has the 65SL? I think it's called something else.

4. Thank You from:

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

The OP is apparently in Canada so I'm going to move this over to the Canadian section of the forum for any tweaking of Canadian certified Radian model specs.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanum View Post
    The OP is apparently in Canada so I'm going to move this over to the Canadian section of the forum for any tweaking of Canadian certified Radian model specs.
    Ah. Thanks, I'll edit my post.

Actually, I take that back. I don't know the specs for the Canadian seats.

Hoping for somebody to come along and clear my post up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mae View Post
    Ah. Thanks, I'll edit my post.

Actually, I take that back. I don't know the specs for the Canadian seats.

Hoping for somebody to come along and clear my post up for me.
    Canadian Radians would have been rear-facing till 30 lbs. The XT had a 35 lb limit, and now the SL seats have a 40/45 lb limit. We didn't get the retroactive limits like the US did.

Heather ~ CRST ~ mom to...
    S ~ Harmony nbb, K ~ Parkway SG
    M ~ Radian XTSL, S ~ Fllo
    T ~ June 4, 2016 ~ Boulevard G4.1

8. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by featherhead View Post
    Canadian Radians would have been rear-facing till 30 lbs. The XT had a 35 lb limit, and now the SL seats have a 40/45 lb limit. We didn't get the retroactive limits like the US did.
    Thank you.

I'll share some cookies when my 24 hour limit is up.

Thanks everyone! I'm new here, wondered where my question went, just found it here...should I post all my questions here?

You're good w/ great memories! LOL I did have (lost in car accident) a RN 65 w/ RF limit 30#s FF to 47 or 48#s. Think I've figured out it was in Granite.

The pillow was not part of my seat, a friend gave it to me, someone thinks it was Manhattan.

tam

Quote Originally Posted by tam_shops View Post
    Thanks everyone! I'm new here, wondered where my question went, just found it here...should I post all my questions here?

You're good w/ great memories! LOL I did have (lost in car accident) a RN 65 w/ RF limit 30#s FF to 47 or 48#s. Think I've figured out it was in Granite.

The pillow was not part of my seat, a friend gave it to me, someone thinks it was Manhattan.

tam
    Not all of your questions have to be posted here, but for some questions it is better for it to be in the Canadian forum so that you get responses more tailored to Canadian seats. We don't have all the same seats as the US, plus prices are quite different.

Heather ~ CRST ~ mom to...
    S ~ Harmony nbb, K ~ Parkway SG
    M ~ Radian XTSL, S ~ Fllo
    T ~ June 4, 2016 ~ Boulevard G4.1

Thanks!

What is with our prices!? Seriously! The $40 Scenera is $80 here! Makes it so hard for some people to afford things...

tam