Our rear facing days are officially over

Amaris

I just wanted to share with people who understand! I wanted to get to at least 4. I bought a rn 65 when Kaitlin was 31lbs and had just turned 2 because we had a 33lb marathon. I thought the 40lb rf'ing limit would be enough to get to 4. We had some install issues with the rn as she got heavier, and I turned her ff'ing and tried again and again to get a good install rf'ing. I finally managed, and she's been rf'ing for 2 or 3 weeks. So I ended up weighing her yesterday......just over 40lbs with shoes, jeans, lightweight shirt and thin sweater. And it wasn't even right after a meal. :( I have mentioned getting a rnxt for the 45lb limit, but after the fighting I did with the 65 dh said no. So, no more rf'ing for us. I never thought I'd have a 40lb 3 year old! Neither of the boys hit 40lbs till they were over 4. We made it to 3 yrs 4 mths with only a few short periods of ff'ing thrown in when fighting with the rn became too much.

ADS

aeormsby

I understand. We'll be in the same boat soon (we also have a 33lb MA - but DS is almost 3 and he'll probably make it through the winter with it so I don't think we'll get a different seat). When DD turned FF I was most sad about not having 2 ERF kids in the car, I'll probably be most sad about that when DS turns FF too. I always kind of hoped another parent would see me putting a bigger kid in RF and it would make them think about it and research.

rodentranger

A fellow tech that I work events with says to weigh weekly until they are consistent for 4 weeks.
Last week, ODS was 40 lbs. Yesterday at the doc's office, he was 37.8. But it's still sad knowing they're so close! I'm hoping to make it to 5 if I can, but I suspect that YDs will need my higher rf limit seats before ODs has truly outgrown at least the XTSL.

ulrich7

I have the same deal. I had a RN80 and had trouble with it rf for my 3yo dd (she was 33lbs at her check up in May), so I traded it for a MR. Now she is 39-40lbs so I bought another RN80 to ff her in that. She was always my little one (she only gained 3lbs from 2 to 3), then she just sprouted up!!

abacus2

You made it to 3 which is awesome! And you already have the seats you need to keep your 40lb 3 year old harnessed instead of having to consider using a booster :eek: or spending $200+ on a new seat, which is the situation I found myself in 4 years ago when I found this forum.

Melanie

I understand. It's funny because I was ok turning DD2 FF just shy of 3 when she hit the limit of our MA (33lb). The 35lb seats had just come out and I couldn't see spending the $ for 2 lbs. DD3 is 3yrs 7 mo and it was a big deal for me to let her FF on the rare times she's in hubby's car. I also don't have anyone IRL who gets it.

You've done very good to get her this far. If it was me, I don't know that I'd buy another seat for her either.

Amaris

I'm more than willing to get the xt, but dh says we've spent enough on seats for now, and I can understand that. I won't booster full time till 6, and honestly, I'm hoping that she makes it that long in the rn. If not we will get a frontier or whatever else is out at the time she outgrows the rn. She's already on the top slots so we'll see what happens. He has pretty much resigned himself to the fact that eventually I'm going to get another seat, though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC