what should go on information stickers?

Baylor

If I was going to put them on my seats... What should be on them to be of the most help to first responders and where on the seat should they be?

I have Graco Nautiluses...

ADS

Mae

There are actually CHAD (Children Have An iDentity) stickers that many organizations hand out. I'm sure you could ask somebody from the board (you know, like they'll see this thread and PM you) and somebody would be willing to send you a few.

I have an entire box, they just are hanging out in MO, otherwise I could send them to you. ;)

ETA: For placement, from that site I linked:

To ensure rapid identification of children in emergencies, parents and guardians of small children are encouraged to fill out the information on the sticker and place it on the right front corner (child's right), under the cushion or center back of the child's safety seat.

If you put them in plain site, then people who pass by your vehicle could see your address, phone number, etc.

Mae

W.H.A.L.E. is another program that offers them.

I forgot about those; thanks!

Baylor, you can always make your own -- Definitely not a need to have an "official" one, you know? Whatever can grab their attention.

Me personally, I just copied the Safety Information card that came with my Radian and used them for my other seats (like my SS1). I just wrapped the thing around my headrest for the front seat. That ... probably makes no sense.

I'll grab a picture really quick. LOL.

aeormsby

If you put them in plain site, then people who pass by your vehicle could see your address, phone number, etc.

That's a great point! I had never thought of that. I think the one on one of my seats is on the side facing the window. I think our tint is dark enough to make it impossible to read from the outside - but I'll have to double check.

Mae

Ok, here are my pictures. Like I said, I just copied the information card (so I didn't waste my "hard copies" of it) and then used them for other seats. I have three Radians, but only use one at a time, so it works for me. I bet you could copy the card yourself (I could post it, if people would like -- It's already on my computer) and I bet you could find a little plastic casing like that from a store. I'm thinking, like those ID badge holders, you know? You also print off a current picture of the child and put it in the plastic casing.

Anyway, pictures:

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

Baylor

I forgot about those; thanks!

Baylor, you can always make your own -- Definitely not a need to have an "official" one, you know? Whatever can grab their attention.

Me personally, I just copied the Safety Information card that came with my Radian and used them for my other seats (like my SS1). I just wrapped the thing around my headrest for the front seat. That ... probably makes no sense.

I'll grab a picture really quick. LOL.

I will be waiting for that pic!

Reading here I found out that EMT's and such are trained to remove child and SEAT together in a crash, Correct?? So they will know where to look for the info right?

Mae

I will be waiting for that pic!

Reading here I found out that EMT's and such are trained to remove child and SEAT together in a crash, Correct?? So they will know where to look for the info right?

Right, EMT's and Paramedics are all trained to leave the child in the seat. I can't say for certain, but I know that the majority of the EMS personnel around me know to look for the stickers.

Honestly, I use my Radian info cards because I'm afraid that they wouldn't see the CHAD or WHALE stickers. :eek: That's me being completely honest. :eek: :twocents:

Mae

I would love to have a copy of that! It is an obvious.. " LOOK HERE " kind of thing!!

The only thing is that you wouldn't have the plastic covering.

Perhaps you could laminate it (except the top, so it can be opened ... ) and then hole punch it, then put a rubber band, or yarn, or something through it, you know? Unless you could find something at a store, which I bet you could. Online would probably have a few things, too.

Give me a couple minutes; I'm making dinner for the little people. :)

Twinklefae

The only thing is that you wouldn't have the plastic covering.

Perhaps you could laminate it (except the top, so it can be opened ... ) and then hole punch it, then put a rubber band, or yarn, or something through it, you know? Unless you could find something at a store, which I bet you could. Online would probably have a few things, too.

Give me a couple minutes; I'm making dinner for the little people. :)

They look just like luggage tags - the plastic bit - you could try that?

Mae

Ok, here. The grey portions on the scan are also grey on the paper; that is how it should be. :)

And here is how to fold it:

1. Fold lengthwise (side to side) in half, so that the information is facing the outside (so once it's folded, you can still see the information)

2. Fold top to bottom in half, so that the "Emergency Information For Child" is facing in -- You won't be able to see it when you fold it.

3. Take the tops and fold down, on each side. This will make the "Emer. Info. For Child" visible.

I went ahead and kept it shrinked down to it's orginal size, just in case anybody already has the plastic casing for the Radian. Just cut it down to the size surrounding it, and it will fit the Radian plastics.

I also kept it the same size so that it wouldn't distort it when printing.

:)

rodentranger

I made my own labels with a big red medical cross on the top left corner. I have the primary occupant's name, allergies, medications, pediatrician contact info and emergency contact numbers listed on the cards as well. They are about 4x6" and laminated. I taped one to each seat on the side facing the window. On the back of our XTSL and MA, I have a CPST business card taped on from when we were traveling.

Mae

Luggage tags! That's what they are called! All I could think of was "ID badge holder things" ... LOL.

Baylor

Thanks I think I have all the info I need to make them and get them where they can be seen! Thank you!!

Mae

Thanks I think I have all the info I need to make them and get them where they can be seen! Thank you!!

You're welcome! Also, be sure to keep an updated picture of the kids in the package.

If anybody else drives your kids (grandma, uncles, etc) I would make them their own tag, and then *specify* under "Additional Information" who the driver is. You would also want to make a seperate tag for other drivers because the emergency contact will change. ;)

And a heads up -- I found packs of Luggage Tags on Amazon for 100 tags per pack for roughly $10 + shipping. I plan to look around at my local stores tomorrow to see if I can find a better deal (so I won't have to pay for shipping).

rodentranger

You're welcome! Also, be sure to keep an updated picture of the kids in the package.

If anybody else drives your kids (grandma, uncles, etc) I would make them their own tag, and then *specify* under "Additional Information" who the driver is. You would also want to make a seperate tag for other drivers because the emergency contact will change. ;)

And a heads up -- I found packs of Luggage Tags on Amazon for 100 tags per pack for roughly $10 + shipping. I plan to look around at my local stores tomorrow to see if I can find a better deal (so I won't have to pay for shipping).

I'm confused. My contact info, DH's contact info and my mom's contact info is the same no matter who is driving my kids. We are the people who drive my kids 98% of the time, and rarely are all three adults in the car at the same time. So even if DH and I are in the front seats and both incapacitated, my mom's information is still there. If my mom and I are in the car, DH is still available. If DH and my mom are in the car without me, there's a warp in the time-space continuum and we're all screwed anyway.
I guess I actually also have my SIL's information there too, just in case. But she's contact #4.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC