played with a britax two way elite

Cryssy Jane

What a cute seat!!! I have pix, but they aren't on the computer yet. Odin is just over the center set of slots. He was all about it and said it was the coolest seat ever... enabling much :whistle:

*disclaimer it is illegal to use this seat in a vehicle in the us*

ADS

Cryssy Jane

Ok so i'll post pictures and give a small review here then I'll post a longer version in the reviews section..

Photobucket is being slow but all pictures were resized.

My models:
Odin: 2 years 9 months, 32lbs, 39 inches tall, 14.75 inch torso (yeah um it shrunk :confused: in the last 2 months since last measured)
Madison: 2 years 2 months, 30lbs, 35 inches tall, 13 inch torso

Install:
IMG_4195.jpg
IMG_4197.jpg
IMG_4186.jpg

Went in beautifully in the 3rd row of the van. From my understanding it has to be touching the seat in front of it and due to advanced airbags and consitently moving the drivers seat, I figured 3rd row would be best to play with.

Specs:
IMG_4188.jpg

Shell is 23 inches from butt section of seat to top of shell
IMG_4189.jpg

Seat depth from butt to edge of seat (where feet would be)
IMG_4190.jpg

Crotch depth
IMG_4191.jpg

Seat width on seated section
IMG_4187-1.jpg

3 slots, at 12, 14 and 16 inches
IMG_4192.jpg

There's a good 2 inches between his butt all the way back and the crotch strap itself.

Odin:
IMG_4193.jpg
IMG_4194.jpg
IMG_4198-1.jpg

IMG_4199.jpg

Here's Odin in the seat. Pictures include full shot, harness shot (the 2nd slots are just below his shoulders, I've heard barely below is ok but if used for daily use harness should be above shoulders), growth room (ears can go to top of the shell, so about 5 inches of growing), and leg room.

Cryssy Jane

for comparison, here he is in the complete air lx and the radian xtsl
IMG_4201.jpg
IMG_4202.jpg
IMG_4203.jpg

He has more leg room in the TWE for sure, both are installed about the same angle. He has one inch ish of growth room rf in the radian.

CA:
IMG_4204.jpg
IMG_4206.jpg

He has a little over 3 inches of shell, but technically 1 inch until that blasted 40 inch rule from dorel.

Cryssy Jane

Madison:
IMG_4211.jpg
IMG_4212.jpg
IMG_4213.jpg

She'd have about 8 inches before her ears were at the top of the shell

Comparison in the radian (she'd be on the 3rd slots):
IMG_4214.jpg
IMG_4215.jpg
IMG_4216.jpg

She'd have 3.5 inches left in the radian.

CA (her normal ride):
IMG_4208.jpg
IMG_4209.jpg

Overall I really :love: this seat! It was super easy to install. It's rock solid. It is really quick to change the harness. Harness gets nice and snug. It does however have a puzzle buckle which wouldn't discourage me from using it by any means. I also waffle a little on the fact that the crotch strap is so far out from his bum, which does cause him to relax into the seat (he was sitting while I was taking madison's pictures), once he settles in he slides forward so much that he's then under the second set of harness slots. Thank you thank you to HayleyCPST for letting me borrow it for a few days to check it out!!!

Cryssy Jane

oh and just because he's cute...
Amare: had to do something with him while we were playing, look at how nice that lapbelt is.
IMG_4180.jpg

HayleyCPST

LOL I love the one of Amare! The lap belt fit him well though.

I'm going to post an in depth review of it, but you can too! I'm going to see the girls on Sat so tell Odin that. I'll send you a picture. Can't believe how big he is! He has so much room in the TWe

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC