Recaro Signo in my Element... RF is just not easy!!

WhatAboutPuppy

Side view with a rolled up towel. Angle finder says almost 45.
photo-5.jpg

It sits incredibly high I had N in the seat and he could MORE than see out the back and sides without a problem.
photo-4.jpg

As with every seat I've found, there's no getting to it from the side it's installed on.
photo-9.jpg

Here's the best I could do for leg room. Not bad in my opinion. I mean, it's no radian but still not like everyone talks about.
photo-8.jpg

And lastly. This seats incredibly high for using the solly method. Which was, of course, going in through the rear and replacing the seat back once the child is secure. :)
photo-6.jpg

ADS

Chila88

Wow, I own an Element (although its not our primary kid hauling car, so I rarely install in it these days) and I never ever thought of going through the rear....that would make it SOOOOOOOO much easier! Thx!

And you are right, I always had to go from the opposite side to get the child in....zero access from the side the cr is on which is a little annoying.

Not the best vehicle for car seats (although the Solly menthod, or whatever you called it :), just might totally solve my issues), but my DD sure does love how well she can see out the windows!

WhatAboutPuppy

I've used a radian, boulevard, and EFTA rf in this car and the signo is by far the best view. The loading from the rear worked wonderfully with the radian. :)

cpsaddict

OMG, the Signo was a nightmare in my Escape. There was no headroom at all and very little legroom. Judi installed it and I asked for more recline, which she did, but there was still very little legroom. Much less than the Marathon 70 we have. The entire week I had it, I just wanted to cry at the thought of fighting DD to get her in it. The harness adjuster was so nice and the seat itself is solid, but wow, I don't think anyone at Recaro actually used it rf for a bigger child.

WhatAboutPuppy

I haven't decided if I want to buy one or not. Given the tech discount it makes for a high end seat at a reasonable price. I can't decide what I want. Honestly, I'm leaning toward the zues 360 but it will only get me so far. I will be nannying soon and both boys are 19 months old. I'm at a loss. Also, not every seat will let me do the solly method. If it braces on the back of the vehicle seat I clearly can't recline it to load or unload.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
One of these days, I will try it in MY car. lol My car will give more leg room, but those sides!

WhatAboutPuppy

I've never played with a recaro before, but wow, that thing is HUGE!

Hey!!! Lol I thought when you'd messaged me that I'd never seen you on here... Boy was i wrong. :love:
It's in my car for now. If you're around before I give it back then you can absolutely play when we meet up!!

WhatAboutPuppy

No rush here, really.

A little rush... Kira misses Toby. Whether or not you get the seat back, they need playtime and i need to return your lens cap.

Back on topic, I'm leaning toward another radian. Sigh... I figure 2 would be great since i hate the 1 i have so much already.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I've always liked the look of them, but I just can't get over the size. Of course, I haven't actually *seen* one it might not be as bad as I think. I want to flip Gambit back to RF, but I detest the radian I have.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I've been thinking about getting him a myride. I know he would fit, and he can unbuckle/buckle the GN on his own so he probably could in the myride as well. It's nice to have the older boys climb in and buckle and all I have to do is double check.

Sorry, Jessica, for totally derailing your thread!

WhatAboutPuppy

I've been thinking about getting him a myride. I know he would fit, and he can unbuckle/buckle the GN on his own so he probably could in the myride as well. It's nice to have the older boys climb in and buckle and all I have to do is double check.

Sorry, Jessica, for totally derailing your thread!

I bought a myride when my friend's 2 month old was in a car accident and the only place I could get to quickly was fred meyer. I was VERY impressed with it for a small infant. But NOT a fan of installing with a seat belt rear facing... I just don't like not having a belt lock-off (another BIG point against the radian in my big book of Points Against The Radian). Ok, frankly, I am not a big fan of almost any seats right now. I can't decide what seat I want to buy right now. Sigh. :confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC