One problem after another :(

sprintsero

Okay, carseat problems after another.....I just discovered today. :(

1st - move all 3 carseats to 2nd row, thought it wouldn't fit but finally I made it fit. VERY TIGHT. <= PROBLEM SOLVED

2nd - my 5 yrs old (44.5 lbs & 44") outgrow the BM & BD, so now she's in GN FF. She preferred RF but since she's FF, she start going back to fighting her harness. <= PROBLEM SOLVED at least for now. I put a footrest for her.

3rd - my 5 yrs old now is at the last level of the GN, so next year, I might need to get her another carseat/booster. ANY RECOMMENDATION ON NEXT SEAT? I prefer still harness. <= ?

4th - my 4 yrs old (35 lbs & 34"), RF on BM. She still have about 2" from the top of the carseat. Can she still sit in there even if reach the weight limit? She might take over the GN from her sister, once her sister move on to the next seat (maybe next year). <= ?

5th - my 8 months (20 lbs), RF on Chicco Keyfit 22. He has about 2 more lbs, can I put him in for another 10 lbs? :) If no, he might take over his 2nd sister BM & BD, once her sister move on to the next seat (maybe next year). <= ?

I have 2 suv, mine & husband.

Have 2 GN, BM, BD, Chicco KF 22

Thanks for the inputs

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
No, you can not excede weight limits. They are there for a reason. For the 5 year old, the Britax Frontier 85 is the highest harness height.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Weight limits are set in stone. Your four year old must go forward facing in the Britax seats. She's outgrown them by weight. And when your infant hits the weight limit (22.0 pounds, not 22.5 pounds, not 23 pounds, certainly not 30 pounds) on the Keyfit you MUST change seats.

How old is your Marathon? It may have a 33 pound rear facing weight limit if it was made before 2/08. And if it's older than 11/04 it's expired.

If your five year old sits properly in a booster, there are no data to show a harness is safer. As Judi said, the Frontier 85 is the only harness taller than the Nautilus. Otherwise, I'd look at the Graco Turbobooster, Britax Parkway SG, Recaro ProBooster, Sunshine Kids Monterey, and Clek Oobr.

You'll probably need a seat within the next few weeks or month, would be my guess. Not next year.

Wendy

NebraskaMom

3rd - my 5 yrs old now is at the last level of the GN, so next year, I might need to get her another carseat/booster. ANY RECOMMENDATION ON NEXT SEAT? I prefer still harness.

How tall is your 5yo? I know Jacob (7yo) was at the last harness height for about a year. His legs grew, but torso stayed the same. He outgrew the harness at 7 years old...he was 51 inches. If it's even with her shoulders now then you won't have quite as much time...but if she just moved to that one and it's still above the shoulders, you're golden for awhile.

4th - my 4 yrs old (35 lbs & 34"), RF on BM. She still have about 2" from the top of the carseat. Can she still sit in there even if reach the weight limit? She might take over the GN from her sister, once her sister move on to the next seat (maybe next year).

Reached the weight limit, yes she can stay. Exceeds the limit, no she needs to move to FF.

5th - my 8 months (20 lbs), RF on Chicco Keyfit 22. He has about 2 more lbs, can I put him in for another 10 lbs? :) If no, he might take over his 2nd sister BM & BD, once her sister move on to the next seat (maybe next year)

Another 10lbs? I hope you're joking around here...
it is never a good idea, nor is it allowed to exceed the weight limit on any car seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC