Manitoba CRS course

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Okay, here are some emails about the CRS course here in Manitoba. He will likely run one after summer, but if we could get 7 people who want to do it in the summer maybe we could get him to reconsider!? I sent these emails with JaRylan in mind but thought I would also share this will all of you here :D If anyone is interested just let me know.
Julie

{Me-Julie; Kevin-Kevin from (MPI)}
Me:
Is the couse still on as planned?

Kevin:
yes, it is a go ahead

Me:
Do you know how long it will be when you hold the next one? Also would you let someone from SK take the course? Apparently it isn't offered there.
Julie

Kevin:

i would say the next course would most likely be after the summer
and yes, someone from SASK could take it
hope that helps

Me:
Sorry, I should have asked, will you charge someone from SK to take the course? I have a friend from SK that would possibly come here just to take the course.
Thanks (sorry for bothering you)
Julie

Kevin:

lol
nope, no charge
and you're not bothering me at all

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Do you have Volkswagen or Audi dealer in the area?

VW/Audi staff are required to do a certain number of educational units as a part of their employment. The CRS course counts towards this. You can probably easily fill up a class with their staff.

-N.

Jewels

Senior Community Member

VW/Audi staff are required to do a certain number of educational units as a part of their employment. The CRS course counts towards this. You can probably easily fill up a class with their staff.

-N.

Yes, there are a couple of dealers in Winnipeg (and I am sure in more surrounding area's). Would I just call the dealership and say I am wanting to fill up a CRS class and wanted to know if anyone was interested? Or what?

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
That's what I would do! Or the person organizing the class can--since they can work with the staff's schedules directly..?

Jewels

Senior Community Member

-N.

Apparently this is not the case in Winnipeg :crying: Although I just got a email saying the guy from MPI is doing a class for the Winnipeg firefighters on May 14 & 15 but the Winnipeg firefighters would have to approve me. I'll keep y'all posted!

So Jacqui are you coming to Winnipeg to do the course with me? Not sure if I want to be the only girl!?

JaRylan

Firefighters you say? I might be persuaded, lol. Actually not sure if I could swing May 14/15. I guess let's see if they would let us in and then I'll try to make arrangements.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Firefighters you say? I might be persuaded, lol. Actually not sure if I could swing May 14/15. I guess let's see if they would let us in and then I'll try to make arrangements.

ooohhhh i'm excited! That would be so fun if you came out here! :2thumbsup:

This is his last email today
Kevin:
in this case, i will ask the captain in charge, although i can't guarantee anything
if it doesn't work out, i could create a class for you, your SASK friend, and try to find a few others to make it doable

So at least it sounds like he is willing to work with us! I would rather a weekend but I would make this work. I have been on the list since October to take the course and it just seems to keep getting cancelled or changed; at least this one shouldn't (that is if they accept us)! :D

Jewels

Senior Community Member

Jacqui they said YES!!!!

:2thumbsup:

So, can you come?????? May 14th & 15th in Winnipeg :D

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Can I come???

The course I was supposed to take through the health region got cancelled and now they are no longer offering seat checks here. There is also some speculation as to whether the current "tech" is actually certified or not:eek:

I've been on vacation for the past week... come back and see all the changes. I'm still trying to get all caught up.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Can I come???

The course I was supposed to take through the health region got cancelled and now they are no longer offering seat checks here. There is also some speculation as to whether the current "tech" is actually certified or not:eek:

I've been on vacation for the past week... come back and see all the changes. I'm still trying to get all caught up.

Are you serious? I can ask him, or if you want I can get you his e-mail address. I say the more of us the merrier :D

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Absolutely! I already asked my mom if she would watch the kids for me so that I could come. She's just outside of Saskatoon... so, I'd drop the kids at her house and then continue on to Winnipeg (no kids - where's the happy dance icon!).

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Absolutely! I already asked my mom if she would watch the kids for me so that I could come. She's just outside of Saskatoon... so, I'd drop the kids at her house and then continue on to Winnipeg (no kids - where's the happy dance icon!).

We do need a dancing icon! This is getting exciting! Anyone else want to come?

I emailed him and will let you know what he says when I hear from him. He is usually pretty prompt.

JaRylan

Would you like to carpool? I'm in Regina. Saskatoon to Winnipeg is 781km and going through Regina adds 49km . Would be nice to have company and someone to split the gas bill with.

Anyone else want to come? Maybe we'll end up needing to rent a van, lol.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I could carpool. The drive through Regina has much nicer roads than going straight to Winnipeg from toontown.

I've already told DH I'm taking his MS3 (fast, fun car) and the iPod!:D

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I am soooo excited! So are we getting a hotel? We could crash at my house but I live 1-1.5hrs south of Winnipeg. The course runs from approx. 9-4 each day so we would have time if we wanted but it might be easier to just get a hotel in the area!?

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Either way is fine with me, but I think it might be easier to stay in a hotel. We could go seat shopping on Monday night... are stores open late on weeknights in Winnipeg?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Either way is fine with me, but I think it might be easier to stay in a hotel. We could go seat shopping on Monday night... are stores open late on weeknights in Winnipeg?

I'm thinking a hotel would be better too. Yes Walmart and Toys R Us is open and so is the mall that has Zellers, Sears and The Bay until 9PM. And all those stores are quite close to each other and to where the course is going to be and we could get a hotel right in that vicinity.

JaRylan

I'm all for splitting a hotel room and going shopping.

Too funny. My mom is sitting here and asking me if I've ever met the person who would be picking me up to go to Winnipeg. To set her mind at ease: Are you or anyone else is planning on kidnapping me? For the record, I'm not planning on kidnapping anyone myself. LOL, now my mom is embarassed.

Grrr, Grandpa (my dad) just got home and is talking about seeding. Farming be dam$%^d, doesn't he know I need to congregate with others of my kind! Don't count me out yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC