Manitoba CRS course

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I'm all for splitting a hotel room and going shopping.

Too funny. My mom is sitting here and asking me if I've ever met the person who would be picking me up to go to Winnipeg. To set her mind at ease: Are you or anyone else is planning on kidnapping me? For the record, I'm not planning on kidnapping anyone myself. LOL, now my mom is embarassed.

Grrr, Grandpa (my dad) just got home and is talking about seeding. Farming be dam$%^d, doesn't he know I need to congregate with others of my kind! Don't count me out yet.

:ROTFLMAO: Nope not planning on kidnapping you! Your not planning anything are you?

I was thinking on the accomodations again and I think staying in Winnipeg would be best. You guys will be sick of the prairies and driving through nothing before it is even time to go home :thumbsdown: So yup, I think getting a hotel would be best :thumbsup:

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
No kidnapping here. My mom was also asking how I knew these people and why I needed to go to Winnipeg to take this course.:rolleyes:

JaRylan

:ROTFLMAO: Nope not planning on kidnapping you! Your not planning anything are you?

Nope, no evil plots on my part.

No kidnapping here. My mom was also asking how I knew these people and why I needed to go to Winnipeg to take this course.:rolleyes:

ROFLMAO!!! Tell her if it makes her feel better I'll give you my mom's phone number and the two of them can put each other's fears to rest.

The instructor is not going to know what to do with 3 geeks who want to be there in his class, lol.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Can I come???

The course I was supposed to take through the health region got cancelled and now they are no longer offering seat checks here. There is also some speculation as to whether the current "tech" is actually certified or not:eek:

I've been on vacation for the past week... come back and see all the changes. I'm still trying to get all caught up.

Are you serious? I can ask him, or if you want I can get you his e-mail address. I say the more of us the merrier :D

Absolutely! I already asked my mom if she would watch the kids for me so that I could come. She's just outside of Saskatoon... so, I'd drop the kids at her house and then continue on to Winnipeg (no kids - where's the happy dance icon!).

We do need a dancing icon! This is getting exciting! Anyone else want to come?

I emailed him and will let you know what he says when I hear from him. He is usually pretty prompt.

I am thinking that it won't be a problem for you to come, but email him and let him know you are interested KYoung@mpi.mb.ca. Also here is the application form.

He has reminded me that so far only I have been approved by the fire cheif to attend their class and he will have to check for you two as well. So email him and ask him to see if you can be approved for attending and fill out your application forms and get them in :D Let me know what he says!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
What did you put beside the organization blank?

What should I say when I e-mail? Do I drop your name? What is your name???:D Do I just say jewels sent me;)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
What did you put beside the organization blank?

What should I say when I e-mail? Do I drop your name? What is your name???:D Do I just say jewels sent me;)

I think I left organization blank.
You can tell him that you have been talking to me (Julie), I also gave him your names, so he would know who we all are.

JaRylan

Just when I thought I had it all figured out someone throws a wrench into the plan.

CRST Training for Saskatchewan:

Regina April 17 & 18 (training SGI staff)
Saskatoon May 2 & 3
Regina May 8 & 9
Swift Current May 31 & June 1

I was talking to the same lady that I talked to back in February about CRST training this afternoon. Back in February she didn't know about any future courses. Today she had all the above dates. She gave me the number to call to see if classes are full or if they would allow people from out of province to attend. Soooo...if they would let you guys in would you want to come to Regina May 8 & 9 (Tues & Wed)? It would mean we could stay at my place and cut out the expense of the hotel room. FWIW the lady said that the Sask courses would be way more fun than MB, lol.

Regina has Walmart, Zeller's, The Bay, Sears, Toys r Us, http://www.hellobaby.ca/ (high end baby stuff, haven't been there but they list Britax as a supplier) and there are more I think.

Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
But we have firefighters! I am thinking that this will likely not work for me, that is our anniversary right before the class and I will be baby sitting kids the next day so I don't think I would be able to make it :(

Keep us updated as to wether you can get in or not.

JaRylan

But we have firefighters! I am thinking that this will likely not work for me, that is our anniversary right before the class and I will be baby sitting kids the next day so I don't think I would be able to make it :(

Keep us updated as to wether you can get in or not.

:( :( :( Even more important than the firefighters would be the chance to meet you. If I can't get in to one in Regina or Saskatoon then I will be coming to Winnipeg.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
:( :( :( Even more important than the firefighters would be the chance to meet you. If I can't get in to one in Regina or Saskatoon then I will be coming to Winnipeg.
Oh I don't car about the firefighters but they may make the class interesting, or we might for them :D It would really be fun to get to meet you too, if we don't do the course together DH, DS and I will be going through Regina in July, we could go for supper :thumbsup:

JaRylan

Oh I don't car about the firefighters but they may make the class interesting, or we might for them :D It would really be fun to get to meet you too, if we don't do the course together DH, DS and I will be going through Regina in July, we could go for supper :thumbsup:

Absolutely, supper would be great. I definetely think we would make the class more interesting.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I have to say that Saskatoon or Regina has more allure for me... less of a drive:eek:

Both the Saskatoon and Regina dates in May work for me.

JaRylan

I have to say that Saskatoon or Regina has more allure for me... less of a drive:eek:

Both the Saskatoon and Regina dates in May work for me.

Okay, I think we have to take back our promises to not kidnap each other. Jen, you and I will kidnap Jewels and bring her to Saskatchewan for the course.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC