Evenflo Amp vs Graco turbo booster

NannyMom

If you were going to buy 1 of those backless boosters, which one and why? Assume you're buying it for the average kid that most of us are ok with being in a backless (ie- 7-9+ ish yrs, average weight)

ADS

wvmommy007

I can't wait to see the answers to this. My cousin would LOVE a red Amp when she goes backless. If its a good choice I'd have to buy her one. :)

HayleyCPST

probably the turbo...the cup holders :love:

Fit wise, they are pretty equal, but I believe the turbo has better lap placement than the Amp.

NannyMom

probably the turbo...the cup holders :love:

Fit wise, they are pretty equal, but I believe the turbo has better lap placement than the Amp.

THe amp has cup holders. And I hate how little things (pennies, etc) can get lost inside the TB from the cup holders.

HayleyCPST

Yeah but they are like little bungee cords to hold the cup in haha.
The turbo also seems to have more padding than the amp, but I haven't sat in the amp yet, just the turbo. It was nice.

The amp would be my rec under a budget. I mean it's only 20-30 bucks at walmart!

HayleyCPST

OK wow don't listen to me. I'm exhausted!
They both seem very similar. I mean backless boosters can't have that much variation like convertible/infant seats can have. Cupholders on most of them. LATCH on 2. Most are good/great fits.
I guess it depends on the availability of the seat and if it's on sale or in the color you like.

Holly

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but what is the literider, or the amp?
If we're talking about backless boosters, what about the Harmony that is $13.50 at Walmart?

wvmommy007

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but what is the literider, or the amp?
If we're talking about backless boosters, what about the Harmony that is $13.50 at Walmart?

The Amp is an Evenflo backless, and the Walmart Harmony is the Literider.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Pretty sure the Amp is a little deeper than the Turbo, and taller armrests for bigger kids to buckle easier...and about 100 times cooler looking than the Turbo :cool: My 92lb 5' Tall 11 yo likes the literider, though it's awfully tippy, since the bottom is so rounded...I guess it doesn't bother her?

firemomof3

6 one way 1/2 dozen the other. Both are fine backless boosters, both *usually* provide a nice fit. Here is my dd1 in the Amp:
amp003.jpg

Kat_Momof3

depends... if they are skinny... the amp... it's got some awesome cupholders and nice tall armrests for an older kid.

but if not... the turbo or the harmony literider... cause Jeffrey is too wide to sit in the amp... he's very snug in a turbo... but he fits the literider just fine.

sirrahn

I have to agree about the Literider. I've used a lot of backless boosters over the years, and it's my all time favorite. Of the two you propose though or if you really need cupholders, I'd probably go with the Amp. None of my big kids have ever been fond of the Turbo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC