travel questions

S

shanniesue2

For Christmas, we will be travelling Allegiant air to visit my ILs. DS is in a myride... he sits rearfacing in the car, but since he will be 2 months shy of 3 when we travel (26 pounds and just shy of 36"), I am comfortable with him riding FF on the plane. Although in thinking about it, RF might keep him from kicking the seat in front of him. It would also not allow the passenger in front to recline their seat at all... I guess it's a trade off. At any rate, I'm not as concerned with the FF/RF debate in an air travel, especially at my son's age.

Has anyone travelled Allegiant with a toddler in tow, and if so... are there any issues that I should be aware of? I'm used to travelling Southwest.

Also, when we get there, we will be installing the seat in a Mercedes Benz station wagon. I'm not sure which model station wagon, but does anyone know of any issues I should be aware of in that area?

ADS

aeormsby

We traveled Allegiant with 2 toddlers last year. Nothing really very different from other airlines - other than our local airport has on outdoor jetway and it was windy which made getting the stroller in the travel bag for 'gate checking' a little trickier. On the plane we were on I did notice that one side of the aisle had more room front to back than the other (I think it was 3 seats on one side 2 on the other) So I think I ended up FF my DS on the plane one way and RF him on the way home - or there was just more room one way than the other (it was 1 1/2 years ago, my memory is fuzzy :cool:)

jnamommy

We have flown Allegiant frequently. The seats do not recline, so not an issue for the passenger in front of a RFer. I have RFed my dd in a Britax Roundabout, and it was a very tight fit, and she was very upright. Not sure how the MR compares to the RA in terms of front to back space.
Allegiant has been great about the carseats, and we have not had a prob *yet* with them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC