Thinking of buying an Etsy (or other) poncho?

CarSeatPoncho

If you purchased an Etsy (or other home-sewn) poncho for your child to wear in the car seat, and you are not happy with it,

Post your story with a picture and receive a COUPON CODE FOR $18 OFF!

The Car Seat Poncho is final result of many "trial and error" ponchos --which you'll never see!

I would try out one design on my son during the day, then re-work the design while he slept at night. I was obsessed with finding the perfect solution! When I finally got it right, I went to professional tailors, patternmakers and seamstresses to make it beautiful.

• Every Car Seat Poncho is cut, sewn and inspected by experienced professionals who also produce for Motherhood Maternity, Rag & Bone, Pea in the Pod and other internationally known clothing brands. No Car Seat Poncho leaves the factory with a home-sewer's "oops."
  • Every Car Seat Poncho is made from premium weight, anti-pill fleece that is sold only to manufacturers. Fleece of this quality is not available from home sewers, at Walmart or Joannes.
Every child deserves to be safe, warm -- and cute!

THE RULES:
To qualify, the post to this thread must include:

• Picture of the previously purchased poncho (with or without child)
  • Name of store or company that made/sold the poncho (no personal names, please), including whether it is an Etsy or Ebay store
  • Why you are dissatisfied with their product, and any other people's comments or reactions
  • Why you would rather have a Car Seat Poncho
Qualified participants will receive a PM from CarSeatPoncho with a coupon code for $18 off your purchase(s) from the Car Seat Poncho store. Offer applies to new purchases of regularly priced merchandise only. Unfortunately, coupons cannot be used on clearance merchandise. Orders may be placed online or via telephone. One coupon per household per lifetime. Purchaser is responsible for cost of shipping and handling. This offer is valid as of the date of this post and does not EVER expire!

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
ADS
S

Sarina_MamaToAniras

Last year I was looking for a poncho that matched my daughters True Fit Premier as well as matched her likes/my likes (she was only 11 months). I turned to Etsy.com. I placed an alchemy request and had an unbelievable amount of responses. After many many many back & forth questions, pictures, designs, picking fabrics, etc I finally picked the winning bidder to make my poncho. I paid half up front (and the price of fleece,which was separate)and then was to pay the remainder when the poncho was shipped. Communication was great until the fleece was "ordered." Then communication completely stopped. I accepted the bid in the beginning of December - it was to be completed by Christmas. Long story short - I didn't receive the poncho until almost the end of January. As soon as I opened the poncho, I could tell it was not right. First of all, the woman (who I can't name - she does not have an etsy "store" or company - it's just her name) - asked me for my daughters measurements, which I provided. The poncho was HUGE. Also, the space between her chin and the top of the zipper was humongous. To the point that the zipper (which was the TOP of the poncho) did not even start until half way down my daughter's chest. How warm does that keep you? Not at all! My daughter couldn't even walk in it because the bottom was dragging along the ground (where did my measurements ever end up?!). Then the real kicker.. it wasn't straight. The hood made a point at the top, came down into the shoulders and was completely crooked. The zipper was not centered, at all. So it sat on my daughter and had probably 4 inches of exposed skin on one shoulder and then NONE and was even too close to her neck & digging in, on the other side. It was so bad, my sitter offered to try to "fix it." She had to use her seam ripper on one side and stitch up the other side just to make it stay on both of my daughter's shoulders. It was just absolutely awful. I learned my lesson & will NEVER do that again. My husband was absolutely infuriated - we spent good money on this piece of garbage. So he was not even about to be ok with spending anymore money - even on the "real thing" on the real website. Then I received an e-mail about this deal and JUMPED at the offer. I've given up on trying to match my daughter's seat and have just decided to go with something I know she'll love - the hot pink paisley. Thank you so much for this great opportunity! I wish I just gone with the one & only the first time!! I've inserted a few pics (as long as I did it right & they show up) of the poncho massacre, as we call it in our house! *And yes, this is the poncho, laying flat with the seams as "lined up" as I can get them!*

Picture026.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC