Question Help replacing britax roundabout, please!

mkbdvm

:D
Thanks for checking this out and any help is appreciated!

I am not "in the know" on current car seat models. Our vehicle was involved in a minor accident and the insurance company is offering to replace our car seats.

We have 2 britax roundabouts (original, going to expire in the next year)-these are no longer in production as far as i can tell. We also have a britax frontier (older model, though only a year old-the one where the cup holders flip down).

I love the frontier and will probably stick with that for our 4 year old, but I am not sure what to get for our one year old.

She is 12.5 mos, 30" tall or so and 23lbs. She is rear facing and will be for a long time. I need a rear facing, convertible and with the smallest front to back profile possible (I can barely sit in my hubby's F150 b/c the seat takes up so much room and I have to be practically bending forward).

I need (well, want) to replace them (the roundabouts). Suggestions? It needs to be comparable to the price of the original car seat.

Thanks!

Melissa

ADS

firemomof3

If you love the Frontier then yes I would get another for your 4y/o (wait till you see the new ones :love:)
As for your 1y/o good for you for keeping her rf :thumbsup: I would look at the Evenflo Triumph 65, Complete Air or Graco MyRide. Both take up little space rf front to back. I prefer the Triumph65 personally, but it is a wide seat...not sure if that would be an issue but its very easy to install and easy to use :love:
I'm not sure what your budget is but you could also look at the new Britax convertibles; MA70, BV70, RA55

mkbdvm

Budget is $200 and under give or take $20, esp. since I'll be reimbursed. The seat needs to last me 2-3 years until I can get more frontier(s). we have one of each in each car.

Width is not an issue, only front to back (not quite height, guess it is diagonal length?)

Thanks for the response!

Budget is $200 and under give or take $20, esp. since I'll be reimbursed. The seat needs to last me 2-3 years until I can get more frontier(s). we have one of each in each car.

Width is not an issue, only front to back (not quite height, guess it is diagonal length?)

Thanks for the response!
the seat can be more upright than 45 degrees for a toddler her age, which might widen your selection a bit :)

I would avoid radians though in this case, I agree with the round about 55 probably the shortest shelled option, that still has depth for her to have a good amount of shell above her head, also like the my ride 65 a lot by graco

emtb79

and the my ride is $117 at target.com. they seem to have a good sale going on right now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC