Got myself a FPSE

Dillipop

A friend from church offered us one of her FPSE. No accidents, straps never washed, etc. I obviously took her up on the offer, providing the seat wasn't expired. It has about a year left! Here are some pics of my kids in it. I need to go install it in my car before preschool, since DH took the infant seat to work in his trunk! :doh:

Gilbey, 8.5 mo, 22ish pounds
IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

He is right at the slots, I think I'll keep them where they are, unless it changes when we put it in the car
IMG_0404.jpg

Dillon, 3 years, 10 months, 38 pounds
IMG_0396.jpg

Just for fun, dressed for Easter in his Safeguard
IMG_0391.jpg

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
That was nice of your friend! The seat looks like it is in great condition :thumbsup:

He sure looks cute dressed for Easter :) Love the tie and dress jacket they are adorable! :D

Tara

Wow...that seat looks awesome!! I'm guessing it's not had the same use as mine the last 7 years hahaha I mean, mine's not in rags or anything, but dang, yours looks prime! And what's with the pillow thingy in the baby pic? Did FPSE come with those? Some of them anyway? I had no idea. Mine, obviously, didn't LOL Dontcha just love that fabric?
Your nearly 4 yr old fits about like my 3 (in Dec) yr old in it.

*sigh* I may need professional help when this seat of mine has to go. Will you all form a support group for me here? *sniff*

And yes, the different colored straps are normal. Either that or I got an oddball one that has different colors too ;)

kelly

was it normal for that carseat to come with a brown harness but blue harness adjuster strap?

Yup. Both of mine are like that. One the picture on the box the buckle was tan plastic too, but mine IRL were black like this one.

Mine did not have the belly pad or the head roll thingy though?? Mine are the same cover pattern.

skaterbabs

Yep, the FPSE had a tanish-gold harness (not really brown like in the picture.) We had one and LOVED it.

Dillipop

The head thingy and belly pad cover are the same fabric as the solid blue. Maybe they came with some models and not others?

kelly

Mine was a non-LATCH equipped version. Maybe that's a FPSE II or whatever the LATCH version was called? What's its DOM?

If it is a II I'd think you have MORE than 1 year left. (They are good for 8 years, vs. 6 years....)

Dillipop

It has a tether, but not the latch. DOM is 2/29/2000. I am guessing it's right before latch straps were added, since there is no mention of them on the stickers on the sides of the seat.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Yep, that is the same exact seat we had! It had gold-ish harness straps and a purple-ish chest clip. I loved that seat! What a great find! I love the look of the Safeguard seat, too. That thing sure does look big and strong!

trailrunnermom

I have two FPSE seats -- one is in my sister's car for 3 yo DS, and I used our other one this weekend (so that I didn't have to move the Radian around!)

Did you get a manual with it? Do you need one? I just found both of mine.

tjham

I have one that was made a year later (2001 - non Latch) and it had a cotton blue and tan checkered cover (very ugly!). On another board, someone was selling the same cover you have, like new, for $20 so I snatched it up! :D
My straps are all navy, clip is purple. It has been in constant use since I got it, to 4 1/2 for my granddaughter as her main seat and now for my grandson in my car. It will fit him longer than the Roundabout he has in his mom's car!

What a wonderful seat! I also will mourn its expiration!

Last edited:

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
That's a great find and it looks to be in pristine condition. However, it might be a # 79700 model which is the earliest FPSE model - they came with the head insert and belly pad-ish buckle cover which they dropped on later versions of the seat. My point is that the #79700 model had the recall on it. This seat probably isn't old enough to be one of the recalled models (I'm pretty sure all those have expired by now) but double check just to be sure.

Enjoy your "new" seat! I have one from 2001 that I rarely ever use but I love it and can't bring myself to part with it! LOL!

Kecia

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Mine was a non-LATCH equipped version. Maybe that's a FPSE II or whatever the LATCH version was called? What's its DOM?

If it is a II I'd think you have MORE than 1 year left. (They are good for 8 years, vs. 6 years....)

No. The FPSE II was a grayish blue with navy blue accents. It looked completely different.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC