Craigslist Car Seat Problem

tl01

I e mailed the seller to ask about the DOM of this seat:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bab/307854097.html

She asked why... and after I responded... here was her response...
I have no idea where you get your information as statistics change all the time and most of those studies are funded by the car seat manufacturers so that women will be scared into buying a new car seat. I am very careful of my daughters safety and fee very confident that this car seat would do it's job for my daughter as much as the new car seat we bought for her that is in our second car.
If you actually sit back with your child and look at the car seats and the situation you would see that in a major accident most car seats wouldn't do much to avoid (at least major neck injuries) Let alone death......In a minor accident our children will possibly only break a rib from the restraint. Anyway, It's all just a matter of opinion in the end of the day.

ADS

Morganthe

Anyway, It's all just a matter of opinion in the end of the day.

It's absolutely useless to talk to people who hold the concept that there are no such thing as facts, just opinions. :( No changing of minds unless something bad happens and even then, there's no guarantee. I lost a decent friendship over a belief like this.

Synchro246

I lost a decent friendship over a belief like this.

I've lost a friendship too for a similar thing. UGh. It sucks.
((hug))

To the OP:
Even if her OPINION is that the seat is safe she needs to provide full disclosure so that any purchacer can form their OWN opinion.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I looked last night and it was a roundabout from 2001. Exact manufacture date wasn't given, but she did list the date anyways. Apparently it was a temporary seat while she was in the US, so she figured that since it had hardly been used the expiry date didn't apply.

Sorry you got such a rude response. I think she was asking too much for that old a seat anyways - she wanted $65 for it and there wasn't a picture. But at least she was up front about the age of it. (Maybe she added that to the listing after you'd looked at it?)

Sad though that she figured it was just opinion meant to create more business for manufacturers. Videos like the 10yr old britax and how the shell broke in a crash test should be more readily available. Although then maybe people would say the test result was "rigged." :whistle:

Loves2sing

Wow, I am surprised that a person like that would have a britax seat at all. The people I know like that usually end up with an Alpha Omega, then they go straight to the seat belt w/out even a booster, you know at the age of 3.5 I have strained family relations over this right now too!:(

BudgieStew

Yeah I am surprised that she went out and bought a Britax which is no cheap seat for many, if she really thought that a car seat really does not make much of a difference in the safety of a child.

Why not just get any old seat if that is what she really thinks.

Morganthe

Yeah I am surprised that she went out and bought a Britax which is no cheap seat for many, if she really thought that a car seat really does not make much of a difference in the safety of a child.

Why not just get any old seat if that is what she really thinks.
Perhaps it was a gift?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC