stats for rear facing scenera use please

what are your kids stats, if they are using the scenera rear facing.. I am deciding if I should get one for Nolan.

I am just wanting to get an idea of weather it will work rear facing or not for him.

(I hope this makes better sense then the other thread I made)

ADS

mumof2

my daughter was 2 yeras 7 months when she had 1" of hard shell above her (rearfacing) she was 31lbs.

my son is 11 months and approx 20lbs and has heaps of room to grow

Spam

Austin has outgrown rfing by weight and height, but he's big. He's so close to have outgrown ffing as well by height and weight :(

He's about 40" and torso is 15-16"

Last edited:

Cryssy Jane

Odin has outgrown it rear facing, and had done so shortly after his 2nd birthday. Madison has about 2-3 inches above her head. Amare has about 3 inches.

does anyone have torso heights on their kids so I can get an idea, I am pretty sure Nolan had like 3 inches left when I tried one in august, If I could get the kid to play car seat I could go measure myself lol

sharsachan

Dot is 30.5 inches, a 10.5 in torso, 24 pound and 18 months in her Scenera.

Bear is 30 months, a 12 in torso, 27 pounds and 34 inches in his scenera.

both kids are on the second slot for RF, would need to be on the 3rd for forward

bearerf5.jpg

scoutingbear

Well, this won't help you at all, but since you asked for stats on RF Scenera users...Maddie is 22 1/2" and 10.2lbs and has TONS of room left RF. She still needs receiving blankets packed around her. :)

urchin_grey

Well, we haven't used our Scenera in a while, but you made me curious so I decided to try DS and my nephew in one in the house (leaned back against the couch rather than upright).

DS is 5.5yo, ~25lbs, 36in and he's got about 3.5" of shell above his head. He's obviously abnormally small for his age, but he's probably about the size of your average skinny 2yo. He's proportioned like a 5yo though. DN is 3yo, ~35.5lbs, 38" and has about 2.25in of shell above his head. He's outgrown it by weight though because this is an older Scenera.

krasota

DS is 38" and 30lbs, 3.5y. He would fit RF if I could get a decent angle. It's our backup/travel seat.

urchin_grey

does anyone have torso heights on their kids so I can get an idea, I am pretty sure Nolan had like 3 inches left when I tried one in august, If I could get the kid to play car seat I could go measure myself lol

DS (36") has a torso height of 12". DN (38") has a torso height of 13". DS has a much smaller head than DN though. :p

AtTheSouthDam

DD2 had outgrown this summer at 40", 33# and 13.5ish torso. It was a barely outgrown when I tried her in it. It was right around her 4th birthday.

Andie

Colton is 35 months, 35" tall & 25lbs. Not sure of his torso, but his height is more in his legs. He still has tons of height room, at least 3-4" to go.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC