If a kid doesn't fit in a Literider

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
and won't consider an Apex, and can't afford a Monterey/Santa Fe, what would you suggest?

Is the Harmony Secure Comfort Deluxe deeper than the Literider? Wider?

Kid is big (guesstimate 4'4", 80#-85#); however, I personally think the Literider fit is okay, but parents insist she's too squished and won't make her ride in it.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
She's almost 9 (which is why I have to tread lightly here -- she is legal in our state to be boosterless by both age and weight, and she's been out for a year. I've gotten parents to *consider* putting her back, but this is an uphill battle.)

Vehicles are Caravan (or clone, not really sure) and Camry, both somewhere in the neighborhood of five years old.

HayleyCPST

hmm....at 9 I would be ok with a backless which is what you are suggesting right?
The Secure deluxe sort of gets narrower by the rump, then flares out by the knees but I think it's still an inch or so wider than the literider. The deluxe is deeper than the literider by at least a few inches. It's worth a try.
What about the Evenflo Amp or a turbo? The Olli is pretty wide, but that's too expensive.

I don't think the cars have difficult/weird contours, so that shouldn't be a worry. She doesn't pass the 5 step test?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Which is the harmony $13 booster at Wal-mart? That one is wide. The arms kind of flair out.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I guess I need to start calling it that then. I can almost fit in that thing, and I am far from skinny.

HayleyCPST

I can too. The dorel HBB's are also very wide-I can still fit in those, although they are crappy belt positioners.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I think she fits okay in the Literider. She and parents don't. And since she doesn't legally HAVE to be in a booster, they aren't going to put her back unless she's "comfortable". :rolleyes:

So I need to know if the Secure Comfort Deluxe -- or anything else -- is wider and deeper. Turbo is definitely too shallow and narrow. I'll suggest the Amp, the Prospect, and the Secure Comfort Deluxe.

And yes, we're only looking at backlesses now.

NannyMom

I had a 75Lb 8 year old in a lite rider last week. She said it was kind of too small (used to a TB). It did look kind of small, but she did fit. So, I can kind of see where these parents are coming from :eek:

I've heard others say the other Harmony is wider.

Kat_Momof3

I MISS the combi dakota being on the market!... I hate that cosco didn't keep JUST the prospect backless on the market (the big combo seat... eh... the backless alone... fit big kids great as a booster) try a cosco backless... they flare out and fit wider kids surprisingly well.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
The Cosco LBB that came along with a friend of DD2 was huge compared to my boosters!

I looked at the pictorial, it was a backless pronto

momtoo3

Walmart.com has the Evenflo Big Kid NBB in a 2 pack for about $36. My 10 yr old is 80 pounds and fits in one and also in a Cosco NBB but the Literider was to tight for him to be comfy. I would suggest the Big Kid 2 pack so if they have a friend along they have an extra. HTH!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC