Britax Marathon, Decathlon, or Boulevard?

djm2424

Hi-

I ordered a Sunshine Radian 65 for my Honday Odyssey van, but couldn't get a proper installation and couldn't tighten harness well (even after many short, hard tugs- even though I can smoothly tighten it without anyone in the carseat-- odd!)- :mad: So, I'm planning on return it in hopes in buying a car seat that be easy to install and tighten its harness.:(

There are many different pros and cons on these Britax seats. I wonder if you could recommend one for my daughter who is 1 year old and 17 lbs (26 inches tall)? (What about TSIP? Should I even pay extra bucks for that feature? :confused: Not sure since some folks complain about the new features of BV). Any suggestions? Recommendations? :thumbsdown: :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Dana :)

ADS

easterbun

I'd say if you can try all 3 out before deciding, that may help your decision - they are each just a little different from each other and having slightly different features. Personally I adore the harness adjuster knobs on the Boulevard - there's no second guessing which harness height to use, or having to re-thread it as your child grows, but the way the harness tightens is a bit annoying (it's not difficult for me though).

The TSIP wings aren't a problem for us at all.. DD tends to rest her head against them when she's tired (and sleeping) and I honestly think she will miss being able to do that when we move her out of it in a few months. Being RF, I don't think it bothers her much not to be able to look out the side windows easily - she has the entire back to see out of.

Likewise, the Marathon and Decathalon have some quirks of their own.. but I have to admit that when I bought my first Boulevard I was highly motivated by price - Amazon.com had it for only $10 more than the Marathon, so it wasn't a hard choice for me to make at the time :)

djm2424

Thanks. Will try them out at a local store. I am leaning towards Marathon because I did try it out with my daughter at Target, and I really like the way I can tighten the harness. One smooth pull. However, I wonder if Boulevard is "safer," or are they equally as safe?

Dana :)

Cindy&Connor

Personally I would stay away from the Decathlon. Alot of people have had trouble adjusting the harness tight enough, including me. I would have to pull it tight before buckling it, buckle it and then if it wasn't tight enough unbuckle and do it all over again. It was a pain but I dealt with it for a long time. Then last week I pushed the button to loosen the harness and it wouldn't loosen. That was the last straw for me. I called Britax and they are replacing mine with the Marathon.

Stresch

I'd also stay away from the Decathlon. We had one and loved it, but on day it wouldn't tighten when buckled. Britax replaced it, and the new one wouldn't loosen. It's like the button just doesn't engage properly. We got a Marathon instead and really love it. So far. The DC does have a lot of nice features, but they don't matter if the harness doesn't work.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC