Question Toddler sheets?

CommMom

Senior Community Member
Where in the heck do I get toddler sheet sets?

We're getting ready to move DS out of his crib and into toddler bed. I've got a bunch of fitted crib sheets (which obviously still fit), but no top sheets.

I have one Circo set that I picked up at Target a year ago, but it only has the fitted sheet & the pillow case. In terms of B&M stores, I've tried BRU/TRU, Sears, Penny's, Target, BB&B, Kohl's, and even Big Lots. I finally found a couple of sets the Buy Buy Baby that just opened in our town. I'm not sure I like the set I got there though...they look really thin and only have elastic on the corners of the fitted sheet. I see some on Amazon, but I'm hesitant to buy if I haven't seen them.

Any suggestions? What do other people do for sheets when they use a toddler bed (as opposed to a twin, etc.)? :confused:

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I actually just put duvets with covers on my kids' beds. But if they need a top sheet I just use a twin and tuck it down more.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I am not kidding, I just asked my mom yesterday to make DD some flat sheets for her bed! We have tons of fitteds from when she was in her crib, but only 1 flat sheet that came with her bed set that we bought when she changed to the toddler bed. I only find toddler bed sets with the sheets and comforters, not just separate sheets.

CommMom

Senior Community Member
I am not kidding, I just asked my mom yesterday to make DD some flat sheets for her bed! We have tons of fitteds from when she was in her crib, but only 1 flat sheet that came with her bed set that we bought when she changed to the toddler bed. I only find toddler bed sets with the sheets and comforters, not just separate sheets.

:yeahthat: This is exactly the problem I've been running into! We're not even getting DS a comforter. His room is pretty warm anyway, so we'll just use the quilts his grandmas have made him. All I need is a few sheet sets. DH suggested today that we just get a king flat sheet and cut it up. :D

I figure DS's room is going to look weird enough as it is that there is not even a point to trying to get any kind of set. He's got a flowered circle rug, sheets with crayons, cars, and frogs, and today just got some new wall decals with dinosaurs on them. And his quilts feature animals, cars, trains, and frogs. :rolleyes:

tjham

I found that a top sheet on a toddler bed just ends up down by their feet. I solved that by using a quilt. Even once my 5 yr old grandson was in a twin bed, the twin top sheet ended up scrunched by his feet. So I only use the top sheet when 9 yr old granddaughter spends the night. When DGS spends the night, I put him on top of the top sheet and just cover him with the quilt.

momtoirs

We weren't planning on a toddler bed, but DS started trying to go head first out of the crib at a pretty young age, so, in the end, we did do one. He has the coldest room in the house, so we wanted him to have bedding. We ordered from here. We were mostly happy with it. It held up well for the 2-3 years (or more?) it was used. We did find that the comforter got lumpy just washing it in our regular washer and dryer, but lived with it. We just made sure we put tennis balls in the dryer with it after the first time.

Tina

NannyMom

I never did spurge for the $35 sets. I just used my crib sheets, and added a blanket, not a flat sheet. I have a green blanket I got for $5 last Christmas. Right now she's using a pink/princess blanket I got for $1 at Target.

Athena

You can still use all your fitted crib sheets so that's easy. It never occurred to me that I needed a flat sheet for our toddler beds. I can't imagine them keeping it on anyway.

CommMom

Senior Community Member
Hmm...so it's sounding like maybe the flat sheet is just overrated. I guess I'll try sticking with the fitted crib sheets and the stuff I already have and see what happens. I've got the one set with a flat sheet, so we'll see if he kicks that off. If he does, then I won't worry about a flat sheet for a while longer.

I just can't believe it's so hard to find just a toddler sheet set (without a comforter) in a store. I never imagined I wouldn't be able to just go out and pick from a bunch.

rodentranger

I found that a top sheet on a toddler bed just ends up down by their feet. I solved that by using a quilt. Even once my 5 yr old grandson was in a twin bed, the twin top sheet ended up scrunched by his feet. So I only use the top sheet when 9 yr old granddaughter spends the night. When DGS spends the night, I put him on top of the top sheet and just cover him with the quilt.

:yeah that: Neither of my boys were/are in toddler beds. Even in a twin, the flat sheets end up wadded at the foot of the bed.

christineka

I've gotten tired of hassling with the top sheet that ends up scrunched at the end of the bed or being shoved around on the floor. My kids don't get top sheets until they decide they want one. My little one uses a crib sheet. I bought a few at walmart. They are just solid prints. The others I got from freecycle.

aeormsby

I ended up making a couple of top sheets. I mainly wanted them for summer/spring/fall when it was too warm to cover DS up with a quilt. All the sets that I found also came with a quilt or big blanket and I just wanted a fitted & top sheet (really more the top sheets because we have plenty of fitteds.)

Dillipop

When ds1 was in a toddler bed, we used down throw blankets and I made duvet covers out of a king size flat sheet. I think I was able to get 2 out of 2 top sheet. Ikea also sells duvet covers for crib sized comforters. Since his room is warm, you could probably just use a regular throw blanket. It is the perfect size for a toddler bed.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
My 3yo and 6yo that are in twin beds don't keep sheets on their beds. I used to have a bunch of toddler sets but they would never stay under the sheet so I never put the top on. Much easier to use a bottom crib sheet and then a cute blanket (or in our house, just their favorite blanket).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC